Page 1 of 3
Minitruckin' Magazine \  Underconstruction features

Underconstruction features

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 2371
replies 23
following 20

cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
Just wondering how long they take to make a issue? Or do some of them just not make the cut? One of our guy's (=Sunset=) was shot at madness actually I think two were. Galen shot them both.
DooredFord   +1y
Galen shot my truck for busted knuckles in Sport Truck a year and a half ago... good to see they still HAVE NOT run it.
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
whatever happened with that guy you sold your truck to?
no1lowr   +1y
if memory serges, minitruckin only runs one complete underconstruction issue a year, and that has ran already, it had the bayou dogg on the cover(mazda on 22s) but i could be wrng....

mags hold stuff they dont feel the need to put out right away, and later use it as filler when short on something. im sure they have many busted knuckles features available all the time bcause of all the unfinished stuff out there, so it may take some time for it to come out...
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
i guess i worded that wrong i meant the construction zone
DooredFord   +1y
Cheeks now they are calling me saying "just wondering if we can work something about between just us" - realizing they dont have a leg to stand on if we went to court and they would have to come to Arizona lol. They're fucked. Nothing they can do and I'm not speaking to them if anything I will get them for harrassment losing minutes with their phone calls and voicemails.
cheezenutz69   +1y
Probably will never come out I waited 2yrs. after the 30th reso, got sick of waiting ,emailed them and they gave me some B.S. that they're computer blew up!!!!They said about giving them some other pics. to run but they never did!!!!!Not that I wanted to because the other ones were perfect.That's ok I quit buying And reading their magazines because that's some bullshit.We should start another thread like the Joe morrow one.Thank's
crochface   +1y
ok i worked there so i know how it works

first question asked if they took pics and put em in the mag right away the turn around time is 3 months cause they are 3 issues ahead of you

some times under construction stuff even finished rides get put on the back burner to be put in a later issue because we had to many features and couldnt fit it in one issue and are saved for a later issue when they were short on features.

i remember seeing trucks go in an issue that were shot a year ago simply cause they were short on features.

there was also an issue at mini truckin where chads computer broke right after he left mini truckin a few years back and A LOT of stuff was lost.

some times it takes time you just got to wait, it doesn't hurt to write to mike and remind him in case he forgot
nautiquess   +1y
Sometimes it takes awhile, I have had some take a couple of months and others, like the one shot last SEMA take longer. No biggie, when and if it comes out, cool. I build them for me and if a magazine wants to shoot it, even cooler. Don't burn bridges though, getting mad cause they havent put it in an issue could only cause problems later if it gets done and they remember you. BTW, I wonder if Barbee is happier with the title they put in Truckin this month for his feature... After the way he acted, I can't even bring myself to read about the truck anymore, lol
HotRodDime   +1y
Edited: 9/17/2008 5:25:25 PM by HotRodDime

Originally posted by cheezenutz69

Probably will never come out I waited 2yrs. after the 30th reso, got sick of waiting ,emailed them and they gave me some B.S. that they're computer blew up!!!!They said about giving them some other pics. to run but they never did!!!!!Not that I wanted to because the other ones were perfect.That's ok I quit buying And reading their magazines because that's some bullshit.We should start another thread like the Joe morrow one.Thank's

it's NOT BS at all... where do you work at? You've never had equipment failure or something break like nick said (he worked here when it happened) we had a string of bad luck and did our best to recover what we could...

thanks for the input