Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  Tube frame 53

Tube frame 53

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2008
replies 19
following 12

guiltybydesign   +1y
Got this truck in the shop for a full tube frame, 4.8 LS swap, air ride, fuel cell and some cosmetic sheetmetal repair. The customer gave me full freedom to do what I wanted, only thing he needed was a trailer hitch.

Ive build dozens of frames out of square tube but never one out of round, and me and the old man have been cranking out rock crawler and rzr cages like crazy lately so I decided to build this one out of round and take advantage of all that space under these trucks. I just started bending and notching the tubes for the frame then I got my front clip installed, Its the same clip im using on the unibody only it accepts the round tube rails instead of the 2x3. That's what 2 days have got me. Ill be ordering the frontend parts and all the air management on Monday.
cookiemonster13   +1y
very nice!
truck action   +1y
Looks great!!
tre5   +1y
Looks Awesome!!!
fatheadjames   +1y
great work. wish I could make that kind of progress in just two days
droppedmitsu   +1y
Very nice!! And damn two days!!!! I barely had my front suspension cut for bag mounts in two days lmao. Keep up the bad ass work.
guiltybydesign   +1y
I should be clear... 2 very long days. But yes with a bend tech file this round tube fabrication goes very fast. I got a huge order from LRD, speedway, and the Hoffman group coming this week and the cab will be here tomorrow so I can mount it, mount my running boards, and finalize the motor placement.
my1994s10   +1y
Good grief that's sick. I wish I could afford to have you body my Ranger. I'm in southeast Missouri but the drive would be worth it.
fatheadjames   +1y
Are you offering your mustang style front end for sale yet?
guiltybydesign   +1y
Yes and no, I believe its ready but id really like to get some miles on these trucks before I release the kit. I also found some different tie rod ends for this truck im using instead of having an adjuster like the f100. It is nice knowing the LS motors will go in and fit now.