Page 1 of 2
Mini Truckin General \  Sheetmetal shaping

Sheetmetal shaping

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2583
replies 13
following 9

guiltybydesign   +1y
Lets see some advanced shaping and forming.
guiltybydesign   +1y
Lets see some advanced shaping and forming. Heres a set of teardrop wheel tubs im building for the F100. I make mine from 2 pieces and form the edges with my tank die in the bead roller.I make a template of the desired shape out of a piece of 3/4'' wide strap by stretching the outer edge (pic 3). I shrink the edge to be rolled, even more where the radius is tighter. After the edge is shrunk I run both edges through the roller to get the radius, then with a little more shrinking I have the 2 halves fitting together. Some welding, grinding, and filing and they are done. A little more time involved but looks way better than a welded square edge imo.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
toreadorxlt   +1y
built a pullmax style machine.. then started on these 1/4's 2 nights ago.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
leydbck   +1y
Wow. Both of those look good.
guiltybydesign   +1y
That's awesome. I had the chance to buy a pullmax a few years back but wasn't into shaping as much as I am now, regret it now. I actually just machined a 33-34 beltline bead a few weeks ago just to have.

Not much shaping in this one but I was very happy with how it turned out.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
toreadorxlt   +1y
Awesome work. Did this one recently. Started with a shell...split it, fixed a dent, and extended it... Pics are out of order but you get the point
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
toreadorxlt   +1y
Day 3 on this. It'll look better soon
post photo
guiltybydesign   +1y
Redid the bumper ends on a buddys 55 caddy. Got about 13 hrs into them and after a little more filing theyll be ready for chroming.
post photo
post photo
post photo
jaredmxg   +1y
Nice work. I know there is a lot that actually gos into forming metal, that's for sure. Its not quite as easy as it looks. Good job on everything.
jaredmxg   +1y
You may have said it, but what gauge is that metal? I have found it more difficult to work with 18 and up, VS the thicker metals, 16 and below.