X-Cab Rear window in a Std Cab yota

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1363
replies 4
following 3

sitnlow4life   +1y
I know its been done before....
truck action   +1y
The early 84-88 Extra Cab rear glass is 1/4'' to 1/2'' larger all the way around!
maz duh   +1y
The big back window conversions I have seen done used custom cut glass to fit modified window openings. Using a factory window might be a better option if you can get a donor xtra cab back wall to cut the frame from though. Re fitting the interior plastics will be a hassle once the tin work is done but not impossible either. I dont know about your area but I do know that the smooth back windows for the xtra cab trucks are pretty scarce where I'm at, seems that most of them were sliders.
truck action   +1y
Near impossible to find!!
I got my 2nd one from New Jersey, the supplier had 10 of them ,new, once I posted it up they all were gone!!
sitnlow4life   +1y
Thanks for the feedback guys
I am on the east coast , I have tracked down a good X cab that I can cut out the back wall and weld into my truck
My current std cab didn't come with interior panels behind the seats , so panel fitment won't be an issue .
As for solid windows I have tracked down a new replacement out here for about 69.00
What I am looking for is pics of one done , I'm trying to remember what it looks like and weighing out if it is actually worth all the work.
The cab is already off the truck right now cause I'm am finishing up stock floor body drop

Thanks again
Page 1 of 1