Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  WTB: RHD parts

WTB: RHD parts

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1794
replies 8
following 5

sitnlow4life   +1y
Anyone know of the best route on getting RHD parts for a 89-95 Hilux?
TOYBOY89   +1y
Yeah, buy my truck :-)
sitnlow4life   +1y
Ya i remeber checking out your build years ago
Good stuff
Where did you get your parts?
TOYBOY89   +1y
I was part way through building my truck and totally lucked out, I didnt plan to swap it to RHD. There was a guy locally that got the truck off of a barge from Japan, the shipping company went under and owed his crane business money so he grabbed the truck. It had 1100 miles on it. It sat for a while and I decided I wasnt going to build 2 toyotas and couldnt sell the parts, so I put them all in my truck including the firewall. Good Luck with your build!
TOYBOY89   +1y
I bought it from him, immediately after seeing it, I think I paid $900-1200 for the whole truck.
maz duh   +1y
Heads up if you are doing this mod to a street driven truck, it could potentially limit your resale value in the future. We have a flood of RHD vehicles in the province I live in because a neighboring province banned any new RHD registrations. Basicly if you had one there you can keep it but nobody can buy it in province and register it if you sell. This screwed a lot of people over who had Skylines, Supras, Sylvias etc that were imported from Japan. Worst case scenario i know but it also shows that it can happen.

As far as getting parts maybe try posting on some Austrailian mini truck forums and see if anyone can ship you parts. Engine importers sometimes bring in half cuts which might be an option as well. The half cut would be good because you could harvest all required nuts/bolts/clips needed to make it look very factory looking
sitnlow4life   +1y
Good information guys
This a show truck that is driven less than 2000 miles a year
Are there any trucks in your providence that are being parted out ?
I dont need the firewall just everything bolted to the other side...
I want to use a OEM dash to keep it clean looking.
I posted on http://downundertruckin.com but havent gotten any replys.
Considering that im on the east coast it may be cheaper (shipping wise) to have somthing shipped from UK rather than Japan or Australia.

Thanks again
Todd
TOYBOY89   +1y
I would consider selling you my entire cab, with interior, (xtra cab)
Factory dash, with working heater,
all the wiring works,
wipers swapped to other side.
5 speed manual shifter in the column (Factory option)
2" cut floor body drop, nice and clean, and seam sealed
Shaved vents in the cowl, shaved door handles
Sliding rag top
sitnlow4life   +1y
Clint I would be interested in parts only considering my cab is already body dropped and the doors suicided and painted
Maybe we can work sonthing out
Email me toddh82@gmail.com
Thanks
Page 1 of 1