threads
Page 2 of 5
Full Size Truckin General \  nissan titan ideas...

nissan titan ideas...

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 6474
replies 47
following 14

stillworkin   +1y
painter started working on the truck yesterday and discoverd the original owner who painted my truck before i bought it did an excellent job on his prep work (sarcasm). so now i'm looking to have the truck media blasted. i'm on the mississippi gulf coast if anyone knows any reasonable media blasters down here.
post photo
stillworkin   +1y
there were no chemicals used to make the paint peel off like shown.
baha   +1y
Back when I was an auto body apprentice I saw a similar thing happen. A car came in with a paint chip on the hood so my boss decided to pressure wash it before getting ready to touch it up. When he started pressure washing it, all of the paint started coming off the hood like he was using a sand blaster LOL.
stillworkin   +1y
the hood was the worst of it so far, the body seems to be not as bad, but still chips off with a scraper, so i don't want to spend several thousand on a paint job that will flake off a year or so down the road. do it right the first time huh?
baha   +1y
Was the truck originally white? You would probably be fine just sanding the blue area down to the primer/sealer. I'm no auto body expert though.
stillworkin   +1y
originally black.
bcrunk   +1y
does it look like the hood was sanded or even scuffed before it was painted? it looks to me like he barely scuffed it and there was nothing for the new paint to stick to.
22below   +1y
Looks like plasti dip on that paint! Watched a few videos on plasti dip paint jobs on cars this week on youtube....makes me want to do it
bcrunk   +1y
why is plasti-dip becoming so popular these days? i truly wish people would just stick to paintjobs...
22below   +1y
Everyone is broke and plasti dip is really cheap. If you aren't happy with it just peel it off or spray it a different color. Real paint is real expensive!