threads
Page 1 of 2
Street Source Suggestions \  Your Input Wanted - Site Aesthetics (Looks)

Your Input Wanted - Site Aesthetics (Looks)

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 1196
replies 18
following 19

baha   +1y
This is another thread to get your feedback, and help give Street Source a fresh start! This thread is to discuss the overall look of the site. Please keep functional requests in the other thread.

I've read a lot of feed back, but let's get this discussion going here. To my knowledge the site has had 3 major versions prior to the version we are in now. I don't plan to bring back the old site. Kris has done a good job on the new site as a starting point to move forward from. I have posted screen shots of the old versions. Please use the names v1, v2 and v3 to make things less confusing.

v1 - Purple touches with white background. I believe this version was in place from the beginning to 2007.

v2 - Teal/Aqua with white background. I believe this version was in place from some time in 2007 to 2009.

v3 - Gray/Red with Black Background. I believe this version was in place from 2009 until the recent redesign.

The Way Back Machine at http://web.archive.org may help you show what you mean as a visual for me. You can post a link to a certain date or make a screen shot of what you are talking about. I'm a technical person so I need examples.

What colors, layout did you like the best?
What features did you like about the older versions and which version was it in?

If you tell me it looks like poop, I'm not going to get anything from it. I will think you probably don't like it but you may like the look of poop and who am I to judge?
GraphicDisorder   +1y
Anything but Purple. LOL
DEMON DAVE   +1y
V3 the red/gray looked best to me , and the lay out of the home pages was best imo,
thanks for seeking user input.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
V3, hands down. Anything but pastel easter colors will be better, but something along the looks of V3 is great.
maxpat82   +1y
V3 was great and different from most other forum I'm on..which all look kinda the same (white background and ~blue accent, fonts)
leydbck   +1y
I liked the layout of V3, colors don't matter so much to me but the pastel "Easter Egg" look doesn't do it for me.
bcrunk   +1y
i guess v3 is the one with red... i hate how the pics dont show up in order... i liked the layout but i hated the colors. it did leave enough room for some graphics but didnt take away from how the site functions in my opinion... and everyone should stop hating on purple. i think it should be more purple than blue though cause it just looks like a lame version of facebook to me right now
The major   +1y
v3 for sure
Scr8pnCvc   +1y
V3 looks great.
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Red And Grey It Gives It An Exciting Color And Calm Color. I don't like the Facebook blue/white combo.
can make icons bigger or spaced further when i login on my phone?
I keep hitting others by mistake.
thanks Robert