threads
Page 5 of 6
Street Source Suggestions \  Your Input Wanted - Rules/Advertising - Self Promotion

Your Input Wanted - Rules/Advertising - Self Promotion

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 2737
replies 50
following 28

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
200$ is not too much for established businesses that have their shit under control, but I can promise you, you will get very few back yard builders, or back yard shops that will pay that fee per year.

So, for all those backyard shops, or builders that give themselves a business or shop name, and what to post builds, on parts they build, or vehicles they build... what do you do then? Are you going to regulate what they post, and how they post it? Where is the line?

Large grey area.
frankschassis   +1y
I'll be honest, I'm the type of guy who will try to gain advertising without paying for it. My avatar is trying to sell Brandt his own shirts back.

Remaining a free portal is essential to bringing back the traffic. The money stands to be made in the exclusivity of being the big enough to afford the ad space.
Advertising is what sets the professionals apart from the amateurs...usually.

My other suggestion is a dedicated forum tab for paying businesses within the scene, divided up by services offered, also include a 5 star rating option. Check out the chop market on CHOPCULT.com
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

The chopcult site seems to run strong and has everything I could imagine in a forum. Good luck rob.
bcrunk   +1y
i rarely agree with that guy... but this time i do, just dont tell anyone...
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
So, when are we expecting the new site and new forums rules to take place? Im dying to update my old thread that i have with new stuff.
baha   +1y
Not for a little while, please go ahead and update it.
baha   +1y
Rules aren't finalized yet.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Robert, i cant get pictures to work in my thread. They wont upload, it keeps just loading and loading. I would love to update it, but cant.
baha   +1y
Can you email one of the photos to me? I'll see if I can recreate the issue on my side. rob@streetsource.com . And are you using a computer?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Yea, i don't try to post shit from a phone, that's a waste of damn time in my opinion. I don't get why so many people do that.... I will email some over later today if i get a few moments.
baha   +1y
Test
post photo