Toyota Trucks \  Making The Switch!

Making The Switch!

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1070
replies 11
following 10

mazrod   +1y
Edited: 2/21/2013 7:19:22 AM by HotShot92

Ive always been a mazda guy and have owned 2, im thinking about making the switch to a Toyota 93-94. I know I will find wheels alot easier than a mazda, and a little more hp. Im wanting a automatic, but im going back and forth on a stnd cab or an ext cab. any body give me some input pros cons and whatever else. thanks
truck action   +1y
Good choice Toyota!!
I 'v had both a standard cab 86, & for some time now my 88 Extra Cab.
Like the Extra Cab,for extra room behind the seats,when was my work truck,more room for stuff!
Past 12 years my street / show truck, & the extra room for amps & etc.
You'll get more MPG & performance from a 5 speed, I run all LC's stuff & my truck is fun & fast to drive!!
guiltybydesign   +1y
i love the yotas, only problem around here is they are wirth their weight in gold. You cant touch an alright pre taco with 200,000 miles for less than $2000
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Yah your right, they hold there value very well, I paid $2200 for my 82 SR5 in 08, bone stock with a shell and SR5 was only buckets, console and tach, nothing else, I didn't try to get him to drop his price, his price was firm. I just gave him a check and took the truck home with a smile on my face period! This was in the Seattle, Wa area, by the way.
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Forgot to mention the truck had approximentally 147,000.
flntroc   +1y
In my opinion the standard cabs look better but it's much more comfortable in an extended cab. I love my standard cab but my ex cab taco is much roomier
framescr8pintoy   +1y
<b>Edited: 2/24/2013 11:38:59 PM by framescr8pintoy<br></b>good luck finding one in good condition that hasnt been turned into a landscaping or scrap hauling truck. like everyone else says, they are becoming hard to find in good shape.
mjavy7   +1y
The extra room is definatelly worth the extra money. I am more of a Mazda guy but for the newer trucks, I would rather have a Toyota than a re-badged Ford Ranger (Mazda). As far as stick Vs auto.... Is really an personal opinion. If I am cruising with my girl, I rather have a free hand at all time so auto is my preference. With a 4banger preformance is not an realistic option so a 5 speed is not necesarry in my opinion. Now give me a V8 and much rather have a 5 speed :-).
mazrod   +1y
<b>Edited: 2/28/2013 12:31:08 AM by HotShot92<br></b>Ive been doing some more research. Seems like I cant find anything from 90-94 thats not rusted beyond hell or turned into a flatbad. So I decided to jump to 95-up. I did some research on the front end swap from 01-04 and it seems that I have to switch the core support wall from the truck im taking from to the truck im doing the conversion to and fab my own bumper brackets? but I kinda like the 98-00 tacoma laid out without the conversion in the ext cab version, not likeing the stnd cab to much. I found a few autos that have minor rust and look good. Im still deciding.............Im thinking the ease of finding wheels may be the descision here real soon.
laynwindows   +1y
if you want a toyota just because you want a toyota i say thats fine, but the reasons you gave dont seem very logical. this is mini truckin baby, its not supposed to be easy and as far as horsepower mazda makes plenty of engines that make lots of horsepower. in my honest opinion, the 86-93 mazdas are awesome looking, but i think the same about some of the toyotas too, i'd like to build one some day