threads
Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  HELP!!!! Rotor won't turn on drop spindles!!

HELP!!!! Rotor won't turn on drop spindles!!

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 578
replies 3
following 4

mprtftr   +1y
Okay, I FINALLY got the drop spindles installed (Chassis Tech). Then, as I'm about to put the rotors back on my friend says "Why don't you go ahead and change the outer wheel bearings? That one looks like it has a little gap starting." So no problem, go to the parts store and get some new ones. Packed them and bolted everything back together.Here's where the problem comes in...'Once everything is back together, I give the rotor a couple turns to see how smooth everything is, and the damn thing is rubbing on the backing plate. Bend that out of the way and try again. No problem but now the rotor WON'T turn. Loosened the spindle nut, no better.Took everything loose and took off the backing plate and re-assembled...still no turn. I'm at my wits end. Has anyone ever had this problem before and if so, what did you do to fix the issue?
Rob Clayhill   +1y
It may not help your situation but my brothers wheel was locked up during a test drive on his project, after we took the wheel off we could see there was a lug stud that we forgot to remove after replacing all of them. It was wedged between the rotor and spindle..
Master Fabber   +1y
Dont know if this helps either, but the other day had same thing happen, but we had replaced the banjo bolts in the caliper on a chevy and they were a little to long. They were pushing the back of the piston out which was holding the brakes super tight. Good luck.
The major   +1y
First thing I would do is verify that your bearings and spindle are the correct part numbers.
Do you have the same problem on both sides?
What torque did you use on the spindle nut?
I have had chassis tech spindles on my p/u for about 8 years now and they bolted right up without a problem.
Page 1 of 1