Page 1 of 2
Toyota Trucks \  Rear disc brake conversion pre taco rear end help

Rear disc brake conversion pre taco rear end help

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 3262
replies 16
following 12

groundedbigbody   +1y
Anyone that has done the conversion can you post what parts and where you got them are some part numbers thanks
laynwindows   +1y
never did it on a toyota, but did it on my 77 mazda, i found a factory rear disk isuzu pickup that had the same lug pattern as me, and took the calipers off there and made a bracket to hold it... was pretty easy. so if i was you, id go junk yardin and find a 5 lug rear disk setup and get crackin
truck action   +1y
What year is the pre Taco?
Did this on my 88 Extra Cab,84-88 would be the same, other years I'm not sure!
groundedbigbody   +1y
It's a 91 rear end on my 97 taco
DW WERKS   +1y
downey off road
DW WERKS   +1y
well ill be damn there out of buisness...sorry
truck action   +1y
Edited: 1/5/2013 7:13:14 PM by truck action

Downey was 6 lug & GM rotors with the center hole ( pilot hole) drilled lager. Problem when you need to change only the one source!I used a Ford Mustang SVO (drilled slotted) rotor, they are 5 lug & the same bolt pattern & center hole sizes! They go right onto the hub,once all the drum stuff is removed!Had to made my own brackets as there are a lot for GM rotors ,but not the Ford rotors,& they have a different height,so the offset for the calipers is different! I used a bracket from Sky Manufacturing for the start of the pattered & change the offset.I use 79 --85 Caddy rear calipers w/ e-brake!Got off E-Bay. You have to use longer wheel studs also!
onebadkota   +1y
^^^ I sent you a pm
yota   +1y
go to yotascene.com under tech there is a tech on every thimg but the bracket to mount the caliper hope this helps u
tre5   +1y
I sell a complete kit for that rear end. I actually just did a tech article for Minitruckin' that should be out soon. I can sell you the complete kit, or anything down to just the brackets. The calipers and rotors are available at your local parts store if you want to save on shipping. The brake lines need to be custom made, and I can sell you those as well. Shoot me an email... tre5customs@gmail.com