Build-Ups \  ZZR

ZZR

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1914
replies 23
following 9

ZZR   +1y
Edited: 10/17/2012 1:25:09 AM by ZZR

Still learning, trying to post and nothing comes up, but then it';s a double post..
ZZR   +1y
Edited: 10/17/2012 1:28:03 AM by ZZR

Double post sorry.
ZZR   +1y

post photo
Marcos_65   +1y
That's nice!
mjavy7   +1y
This is bad!
I would drive it in a hart beat.

Is this like a kit you can buy and put together yourself?
Whiplash   +1y
Sorry to be skeptical but the build looks too good to be true and you can't see the fenders in the shot of the engine bay. That engine is not in that truck. Maybe I should have checked out the videos first. I may have to retract this statement. :-)
ZZR   +1y
--------------------------------------------

MJAVY7 said:

This is bad!I would drive it in a hart beat.

Is this like a kit you can buy and put together yourself?

--------------------------------------------

Yes Sir, that is actually my alterante goal, although I would not put any onethrough what I went through, with a B-body being a donor.

The A posts had to be completley built from scratch, moved in about 8" on each side,it's endless... then there are B posts, I mean we talking 3000 hours to build this thing. But the good news is, I took some measurements on a S10 truck -that kit would be feasable. The S10 has narrow enough windshield for the adoptation. The only thing we'll have to change is - S10 has front wheel too close to the A-post. We'll have to cut the frame and move suspention forward.

It's much easier than using B-body platform. I still have to make molds for 1/4 panels, doors, rockers, tailgate, tonneau cover to implemet this.

So, it is doable and God willing I'll finish the kit idea for this build. I can only imagine what capable people could build with this kit..:-)

ZZR   +1y
On The kit thing, totally mu ultimate goal, although I would not put anyone through hell
of building this on B-platform.
S10 would be much easier, the only thing needs change is the distance from front wheel to A-post.
Stretch the frame and we can do it.

As it were, I put 3000 hours converting 9C1 into this thing,
main problem being b-body has a wide windshileld, and we need a narrow one.
So a-posts, b- posts were built from scratch, took a lot.
Then the cab, windshield, too much.
Instead take s10 and stretch frame forward, keep cab, posts, doors ( not the skins though),
and the rest is history.
That's the goal, I hope to arive there some day provided OBAMA leaves town.
If not I'm dead like many small business.

As far as the turbos go, you are right Sir,
I built those for 94 Impala SS, and have the jigs and all,
and this is same engine, what i could not make clear - is that
this is the twin turbo system that will be added to the ZZR,

I must tell you I love the Forum, but the way it works is complex, i keepp trying to post and then nothing
comes up,
then 20 minutes later stuff comes up, dowble posts, some info lost,
I just sruggle with the whole interface, and now it's late I can't spend more time on trying to post,
sorry nothing against the Forum, maybe i just not am getting the system here.
( i do OK on Impala SS forum and SSR forum though..)
nissandoordragger   +1y
wouldnt it have been easier to just start with a ssr?
ZZR   +1y
only way get lower than that is under the surface.
which where you would find you sorry ass if you said same thing to my face, nissan boy.