Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  Lecarra hub adapter for 79/86

Lecarra hub adapter for 79/86

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 704
replies 7
following 4

tacomatoy2001   +1y
Tried the search 1st and nothing I am going to be upgrading my wheel soon and I need a polished adapter. Lecaara no longer makes part #19600 for 79/86 toyota pickup, has not for about 10 years. They do offer a universal 3 to 9 bolt Grant part #23290

Is this my only option or does Billet Specialties make a domestic adapter 9 bolt that will work on my truck?

Any help on this asap would be great,Thanks guys,Pete
tacomatoy2001   +1y
I know there are a-lot of talented people here that make custom parts, can any one make a custom polished adapter that will work with a 9 bolt billet specialties wheel, I am getting the wheel, trim ring and horn button from them, I just need the polished adapter to make it all work.

Thanks guys
Pete
alvey   +1y
call them. i just ordered one for my 85 the other day. i dont remember the part number
e10pvmt   +1y
I ordered one from Summit for my 03 4runner (has the same spline as the pre taco) and it is polished...$72 shipped i think.
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know I just got done installing my new wheel/hub. The hub that I used and it worked is a Lecaara from a 89/93 pickup, same spline (Toyota of course) and the wheel is Billet Specialties called Fury, I'm really happy with it.

Now I've got a problem and I am sure other people who have done this conversion have ran into the same thing.

1. Installed adapter, as soon as it made contact with the shaft, the horn began to honk

2. Pulled it off and pulled the plug behind the grill

3. Installed hub (needed to switch the 8/32nd by 1/2 they sent me for 8/32 3/4 allens)

4. Put wheel on, hooked up red wire from hub to back of horn button, hooked up black wire from back of horn button to inside of hub (needed to drill and tap a 8/32 to give the wire/screw a home, hole was not there

5. buttoned it all up and NO horn, put in earplugs, pushed plug back into horn and solid honk

What do you guys think and or what did you do to fix the problem, I want a horn, I feel better when everything works right.

Thanks guys,
Pete

PS. I know I need to get it out of the garage and get some complete pics of the truck instead of just what I have done and stop bing lazy right.
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Heres a pic:
post photo
Master Fabber   +1y
I am pretty sure a horn works by grounding the circuit. Maybe the billet is making that ground now instead of something plastic? Just a thought.
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Just wanted to say thankyou to all for the advice on the fitment of the hub, I'm really happy with it.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday,
Pete
Page 1 of 1