threads
Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  Stock Floor Bodydrop/Chop Top Prices??

Stock Floor Bodydrop/Chop Top Prices??

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1827
replies 4
following 3

astromanwes   +1y
Hey guys, I was wondering what the prices of chop tops and bodydrops were going for these days. I know there are a ton of variables so here are a few narrowed down. '89 S-10 ext cab. -Stock floor bodydrop to pinch with 20's, add firewall tub and front inner fenders, raise bed floor.

-Stock glass chop with the exception of the ext cab window, roughly 1-1/2" - 2"

Any help would be great, just trying to put some numbers together whether it's a reputable shop or the part timer, just curious.

Thanks, WES
astromanwes   +1y
Nothing?? Not even any rough estimates??
onelow96cs   +1y
Get in touch with Chris at Unusual Fabrication. Not sure how far you want to travel. He is just north of Grand Rapids, MI.

http://www.unusualfabrication.com/index_files/ContactUs.html
kingpin7714   +1y
totally depends on the level of the build. I'm just pulling numbers I got from my research when I started, so this is a very large ballpark:

For the stock floor, are you just trying to cut the frame and reshape the frame under the cab? Back half from the firewall?

I'm not sure on the former, but I'd guess a backhalf would start at around 5-6k? Firewall tubs maybe 500-1000? Inner Fenders another 500-1000?

As for the chop ... really depends again .. but I'd say, with the extended cab, anywhere between 3-6k.

Again, I'm just going by what I saw in my research a few years ago. I'm in southern california, if that makes a difference as well.

This sorta stuff is really subjective, so what might be perfect for you, might not be enough or a high enough level for someone else.
astromanwes   +1y
Thanks kingpin...that does help... I'm thinking just reshaping the rails then tubbing firewall and adding wheel wells as well.
Page 1 of 1