Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  Sectioning Tacoma front crossmember

Sectioning Tacoma front crossmember

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 674
replies 6
following 5

rwloper   +1y
I was wanting to know if anybody has any pics of how they sectioned their front x-member? I was reading through past post in the forums and what I gather is you just make now mounts for your rack and pinion, move it up, trim the bottom off then replate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW its a 97
thomasd   +1y
i did a build thread on custom tacos
rwloper   +1y
Thanks man.. I found it. Do you have any pics of what you did with your clutch master cyl? I have a 225/35/20 and it is already hitting the tire pretty hard. once I rework the X-member it will be pushing the master cyl up
thomasd   +1y
when you are ready ill walk you through it ..

Customs by Catfish
catfishsc@msn.com
rwloper   +1y
Ok man thanks. I'm almost considering a system like Scott's hot rods under dash unit to put master cyl and brake booster under there and have a clean shaved firewall but not sure if it will fit and kinda don't like the idea of having to pull the whole dash just to add fluid unless I run some kind of remote reservoir.
j_kinz   +1y
I have also been researching on what to do about the clutch master cylinder and brake booster. Fixing to start the build on mine this winter and trying to get a lot of it planned out with my fab guy before the truck gets all cut up. I will also be running a 225/35 20, with inner wheel tubs, and going to the rocker, not really wanting to relocate everything under the dash either. Catfish, I saw on customtacos where you said to move it up and in 1" but will that be enough?

Also I am planning on getting some drop spindles and possibly upper arms from you, just gotta wait until the truck is tore apart. That, and raising the rack/ sectioning the crossmember is all I'll need to lay flat in the front correct?
Tacon19s   +1y
I have an auto so I didnt have to worry bout the master cylinder. But the booster I moved over about an 1 1/2". You have to move the brake pedal as well but there are ways to fix that. An easier route would be a smaller booster. I believe the good ole geo booster works well. Just do some searching. Theres alot of info on here.
Page 1 of 1