threads
Page 1 of 2
Body work and Paint \  Does this filled plate look right?

Does this filled plate look right?

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 2075
replies 11
following 9

CUB   +1y
AVS filler I bought from Grant Kustoms for a 08 Silverado. The crease you see has me a little worried. AVS said it was supposed to be like that but I've never seen a filler with a crease like this.

Any ideas/suggestions is appreciated. Worst case is I just make my own filler I guess.
nissandoordragger   +1y
it would help if we knew what the filler is for and for what kind of truck
maz duh   +1y
^^ it sez its for an 08 silverado and looking at the size of it I would say its either door handle of tailgate handle. Can you hold it against the truck and see if it is close maybe?
CUB   +1y
Lmao, i said in the first sentence its an 2008 Chevy Silverado...i know its not a door handle...ive held it up to my tailgate and it fits, i just dont want to weld it all up and that crease stick out and not be flat.
TRUBLAZIN   +1y
You need to put up some pics
simple-pleasurez   +1y
it just looks like a body line. if it matches then its ok
POSJustin   +1y
what Pootus says...
DalyDrgr   +1y
The 08 doesn't have a body-line is his concern. It does however have a very noticeable curvature to it and it appears that that's why the crease is there. If its one of Grants products, I'm sure its fine and after the bodywork it will look just as its supposed to.
CUB   +1y
Edited: 4/28/2012 3:36:17 PM by CUB

--------------------------------------------

TRUBLAZIN said:

You need to put up some pics

Did you see the pic i posted?

DalyDrgr said:

The 08 doesn't have a body-line is his concern. It does however have a very noticeable curvature to it and it appears that that's why the crease is there. If its one of Grants products, I'm sure its fine and after the bodywork it will look just as its supposed to.

--------------------------------------------Thanks man, i guess thats what ill do.
dB Zac   +1y
Edited: 4/29/2012 11:55:18 AM by dB Zac

That is how AVS makes this filler. I dont think they havea way to curve parts before they are lazer . We cut our curved fillers out of a pre rolled piece of sheet metal. Since we cut them by hand, this isnt an issue for us. Even though it looks kinda oaky, the amount of bondo you will need to turn that into the roll will be no deeper than what you will already need from distortion and grinding.