threads
Page 1 of 2
Toyota Trucks \  89-95 Toyota bodied on 22s in the rear?

89-95 Toyota bodied on 22s in the rear?

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1810
replies 16
following 12

retro dime   +1y
Like the title says, does anyone have any pics or know of anyone who's running a 22" wheel in the rear that's bodied? Is it possible without the tires sticking above the bed rail?
i8nt2lo   +1y
Guess it depends on how bodied you're talking. Plus what size tires you're running. I've seen rocker with 20's and it's pushing bed rail. Either way, gonna be damn close.
Jeremystephens   +1y
you can do pinch on 22s
retro dime   +1y
Got any pics?
FLYINLO   +1y
My old Toyota in my profile was laying rocker with pinches folded and hammered under with a P285/30ZR20 on back and the tires were even with the top of the bedsides laid out. According to Miata.net's tire calculator, my rear tires were 26.7" in diameter, and a P225/35 22 is 28.2 in diameter.
Deluxe_D100   +1y
A guys truck from another forum I'm on.
post photo
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Truck pictured above is laying pinch I believe on 22s I have seen it in person and know it still had room for a taller tire or laying rocker... I have mine set up to lay 22s also.. I have had a 235/30-22 tire under my bed with it off and laying the bed sides and it still fits.. My tubs are 1/8 below the top of the bed also. Main thing to worry about is backspacing or narrow rearend to bet the tire to miss the bed side.. I have an older 70s modle rear end under mine which is 2.5 narrower over all than the stock 89-95 rear end.. Any more questions man just text me at 618-694-2820.. Also I will be at showfest with my truck so hope to see you there!!!!
post photo
retro dime   +1y
Awesome thanks Tony!
draggin91   +1y
Tony's a badass haha
cajuntaco   +1y
The green truck above is mine. It lays full rocker on 20/22 combo, the pinch is folded under. I am running a 255/30/22 rear tire which comes in right at 28" tall. The rear axle is narrowed 8" total to get the wheels fully inside the bedsides. The truck was originally rockered on 18's. With the truck laying rocker the bed is 27.5-27.625" tall if I remember correctly. I stretched my bed to cover the wheels. A 235/30/22 will lay pinch but I didn't want the tire too stretched so I went with the 255 and made it work. If you have any questions hit me up on Facebook. -Ryan Goitia