FORD RANGER IRS

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5039
replies 15
following 10

xgolferdude   +1y
Team321.com I believe is the website..
nissandoordragger   +1y
first 500 is a bit steep for any irs hell you can buy an entire thunder bird or lincoln mark 8 for that price. second all the v6/v8 thinderbirds have the irs but only certin v8 cars have the disk breaks in the rear most are drums. the lincoln mark 8 irs is the same as the disk break thunder birds and the 03-04 cobras but are easier to get. and yes the lincolns you can unbolt 6 bolts and drop the cradle and all out. but if you planning to use it that way you will get some toe issues when layed out. my lincoln has quite a bit and causes some bump steer in the back but one day ill fix that. if you go with the lincoln or thunderbird w/disk you wont need the cobra knukles they are all the same. all that is needed is the hubs witch are 300 or so bucks each and are pressed in. on my mark i did the 4.5 lug swap since they are 4.24 and i just redrilled my hubs and put on new studs it was a shit ton cheeper than buying cobra hubs and pretty wasy. hope some of this helps in your decision.
e10pvmt   +1y
Lincolns are nicer IMO due to the fact they are aluminum and lighter.....Another thing to remember on the lincoln and t-bird is the bolt circle is 5x4.25...your ranger is 5x4.5...you just need to get a machine shop to redrill them....or better yet...i have a lincoln Mark 8 center chunk and the hubs i have no use for since i went to a supra IRS....the hubs are already drilled 5x4.5...i would love to sell all for $100.....2 problems....i dont wanna ship it (unles syou arrange it) and that all i have....no brakes, control arms, or cradle and the axles are cut since i was going to narrow it but you will need it narrowed anyways...not sure if you would be interested but lemme know...my profile has pics of the setup i used to have with the Lincoln IRS
markmnotdead   +1y
--------------------------------------------

e10pvmt said:

Lincolns are nicer IMO due to the fact they are aluminum and lighter.....Another thing to remember on the lincoln and t-bird is the bolt circle is 5x4.25...your ranger is 5x4.5...you just need to get a machine shop to redrill them....or better yet...i have a lincoln Mark 8 center chunk and the hubs i have no use for since i went to a supra IRS....the hubs are already drilled 5x4.5...i would love to sell all for $100.....2 problems....i dont wanna ship it (unles syou arrange it) and that all i have....no brakes, control arms, or cradle and the axles are cut since i was going to narrow it but you will need it narrowed anyways...not sure if you would be interested but lemme know...my profile has pics of the setup i used to have with the Lincoln IRS

cool man I'll check it out and let you know!
markmnotdead   +1y
Thanks for everyones input and advice! still looking into everything before I decided exactly what it is I want to do
markmnotdead   +1y

xgolferdude said:

This is what I would say.. if your not comfortable building a front suspension from scratch the same should be for building an irs... Go to team321 racing...and they have adapted this set up to a lot of stuff... Lots of info...

Building a front suspension wouldn't be too bad, of course I have never done it myself, but I do have friends that have built front suspensions on their own trucks and I'm more than sure they'd be willing to help me out whenever it came time to do that stuff. But I will check into that link you sent over