Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  94 yota laying frame on 20s

94 yota laying frame on 20s

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 729
replies 5
following 5

64caddy   +1y
I'm getting ready to do a 94 yota on 20s for a customer. just gonna lay frame so I'm gonna Z it so it lays flat. but just was curious on what all is needed to lay these trucks on 20s? thanks for any help in advance...
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Wheel tubs and firewall tubs, and relocate under hood stuff of coarse... If it's a stick move the clutch master. Switch to 80s model smaller booster... A/c heater box mods.. Z the frame, replace the tranny and carrier bearing crossmembers and raise or relocate gas tank.. Rear wheel tubs and notch, and raise drive shaft tunnel if no carrier bearing. That should be most of the general work to body and fram mods.
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
I didn't z my frame just moved the front cross member for control arms up 1 3/4 then moved upper control arm mounts up to compensate... I've seen several guys delete the lower crossmember under the motor also and just make new control arm mounts.. If u z the frame I think the motor hits the hood so a lot of guys go these routes to keep motor under stock hood.. Less work in my opinion also.. As far as clutch master I moved mine under the dash and made a pivot assembly. I raised my stock bed floor also like 6 inches and cleared the 20s and notches fine with the stock wheel tubs before my bd.. I just had a fuel cell but u can relocate factory tank behind axle and works great.. Hope all this info helps and sorry if I stated any of the obvious stuff u already knew yo question was just a broad one!!! Lol
xgolferdude   +1y
When u spaced it up what did u use dor spacers for ur sterring?
64caddy   +1y
thanx diss! im not sure what the customer wants to do yet but I'm gonna try...
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
--------------------------------------------

xgolferdude said:

When u spaced it up what did u use dor spacers for ur sterring?

--------------------------------------------

I actually flipped the ball joints to the bottom of the knuckle but you could replace the outer tie rod ends with rod ends also
Page 1 of 1