threads
Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  Lower radiator hose with dropped engine help.

Lower radiator hose with dropped engine help.

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 508
replies 6
following 5

sparage   +1y
I'm working on my 89 22r yota and have a dropped motor with the modified drag link to clear the oil pan. My problem is the factory metal pipe that runs from the water pump neck around the back of the alternator and under the motor mount and above the drag link will not fit anymore. I tried to run it with some flex hose in front of the alternator but it kinks at the radiator. Any pics of how some of you guys have done this?

truck action   +1y
I do not have a body drop or raised engine . However I do not use that pipe you are referring to!
I use Cool Flex hoses & on the inlet you are talking about I run a double length,as they don't have a length long enough .
E-mail me if you want photo's!:BEERCHUG:
sparage   +1y
Could you post a pic so i could see what you mean by double length?
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Ok man here you go. I just went and took these pics. My trucks an 82 Toyota bagged and stock floored and here is how my lower raditor is set up and I have had no problems with it. The bottem pipe coming out of the radiator has a elbow, an "L" welded on to it which looks to be approx 4". There then is the black rubber radiator hose coming off of that that loops up to the top.

After the body drop I got a whole new complete cooling system and this lower hose and clamps were included.

I hope this helps you out and you get your problem fixed.
Have a great night
Pete

tacomatoy2001   +1y

sorry it not on the first message, I've got to practice posting here more, here you go.
post photo
post photo
tacomatoy2001   +1y
I forgot, the length of the lower hose leading up to the top is approx 16".
sparage   +1y
Thanks Pete. Anybody else?
Page 1 of 1