Page 2 of 2
Dually Projects \  Kinda wierd

Kinda wierd

Dually Projects
views 2762
replies 12
following 8

huskerdually   +1y
I pulled in the driveway on e night(i think I was a senior). My mom and dad were pulling out. I got inside and my sister said my dad had an accident. I went in the kitchen and there was blood everywhere and I mean everywhere. He was trying to replace the leaf springs in his old c-10 with some used ones and he was trying to get the old bushings out and he hit a chisel w/ a hammer and the chisel came up and hit him in the eye.

Last summer on the way to work mom called and said dad had an accident at work and she wanted me at the hospital w/ her. He was running a punch press and it double stroked and he had stuck his hand in to get the part out and it came back down(machine malfunction). He got up walked over to another guy and said "I think I just cut my hand off." the other just about passed out. Smashed 3 of his four fingers, luckily it didn't get his thumb.
jcampbell1180   +1y
DAAAMMMNNNN!!!

I have a buddy who lost his thumb in a bench grinder. Nasty.

Yeah, safety is for pussies.
watahyahknow   +1y
safety regs are there for a reason .

i had my finger caught between the sparkshield and the disk of an anglegrinder took of the skin untill i could see the nail under it , had acid shot up in my eyes while trying to airblast dry some metal parts that where chemicly dipped
had my hand burned when i tried to dose burning schrinkplastic to prevent the machine that was wrapped in it to go up in flames , got a nick in my forehead from an exaustpipe that came down off a car i was working on , have some wispers scorched from a welding splatter that nearly whent in my eye.
i learned that doing good for a boss isnt helping me a lot so i work by the safety rules now and have the boss scream at me cause i work slower then the rest , dont hear him anyway cause i wear earprotection nowadays