threads
Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  best way to slow down the lift?

best way to slow down the lift?

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 6923
replies 15
following 10

slow50   +1y
the rear of my truck lifts way too fast is there any good ways to slow it down? its bags on the bars and valves on the bags and the tank is right behind the rear end so the lines are pretty short there also coming off a t from the tank 3/8 valves with 1/2 line. im thinking about maybe using needle valves?
simple-pleasurez   +1y
use ball valves. just open them about half way. test speed. if you want faster open more and vice versa
guiltybydesign   +1y
Ball valves put you in a situation where they can only not work. They work loose/tight, someone bumps them, etc. Its a temporary solution.

Since your valves are on the bags thats really the only way to slow anything down unless you just run lower pressure in the tank. Throw on some smaller valves or but a flow meter valve between the valve and bag. Im thinking for the amount of money you have in flows and additional fittings you can just get new valves.
YUH8IN96   +1y
you could run 3/8 line instead of half inch, or jus take the valves off the bags n mount them some where else
unusualfabrication   +1y
If possible move the valves off the bags. Since they're 3/8" valves why not change the line to 3/8" line and if they're 3/8" npt maybe even change the line to 1/4". They also make these things called flow controls, they kinda of look like a tee but the top port is a small adjuster screw (pretty much like a slow down valve for hydraulics). Another cheap trick i've used in a pinch is to take a piece of 3/8" line and shove it inside of the 1/2" line, if it's still to fast shove a piece of 1/4" line inside of the 3/8" line.
4DOORWHORE   +1y
buy some slow downs . . . smc and other companys make em
slow50   +1y
will needle valves work? like the ones they use for hydraulics? i have a couple laying around.
slow50   +1y
and if i take the valves off the bags will it really slow it down that much?
AVTekk   +1y
It will when you put 3/8" line in between there! Also if the valves are mounted right on the bags you can just put a reducing nipple on each side and a smaller nipple, same thing as running a smaller line.
Layumon22s   +1y
you could even just make a splice of 3/8 or 1/4 line into your 1/2 line using some tube adapters. It doesn't matter where or how long as long as it's in the line. the only problem with this scenario is it each splice point is another spot for a leak to happen. you could also look at reducing the pressure of your system overall if you're running at say 200 psi but you truck never sees more than 100 than you could set that down to 150 and still have enough delta pressure to move air fast enough.

I wouldn't worry with moving the valves until you've done some easier fixes. if it's still too fast that would be my last resort but you should be able to restrict the flow enough just by changing up tubing diameter that valve placement won't be the limiting factor