threads
Page 2 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  Why i don't think dragging frame is good....

Why i don't think dragging frame is good....

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 918
replies 15
following 14

TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Yeah that's funny. Sux looked like a good truck. I work at a body shop and that frame will never be the same. Suprized it was just from tie downs though.
Layumon22s   +1y
hmmmm... wonder if you could file an insurance claim. then have the frame "fixed" where fixed=replaced=stock floor body drop... but from what I've heard most insurance companies just scrap anything once a frame gets bent
Evil s10   +1y
epic fail
BK2LIFE   +1y
not the reason for this thread, but a good reason to check your "C" channel frames often when you drag..

my old mazda was drug so much the box frame was open on the bottom. you could put your hand into the frame. it would flex when lifted but sat nice and even with good bed gap when aired out..

ive drug through lower control arms on nissans, mazdas, yotas, u-bolts on full size chevys, four link bars but ill never stop dragging.

you just have to do periodic maintenance just like anything.

a great quote " you gotta pay to play.."
jakeb1388   +1y
just to set the recored staright, the truck belongs to a friend of mine. and that is NOT the result of dragging. the frame has MAYBE 3 miles of dragging on it, if even that. the bent frame is the result of them strapping the truck down from the frame in the rear with it hanging off the dovetail instead of strapping it down from the rear endb and leavine some pressure in the rear bags. i hauled it back to town after the show on my truck and trailer and we loaded my old blazer on the rear of the dovetail just like the single cab was but being that someone else was going to be hauling my ride I strapped it down so i know it wouldnt end up like the orange truck. i strapped it from the rear end and left pressure in the rear bags and it made it all the way home with no problems. thats the second time we hauled the blazer like that on the same trailer. last i heard he said he talked to the guys at hill hotrods in lubbock texas to have a SFBD frame built and the truck repainted.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
That sucks man. Cool to hear some good coming out of it like the SFBD! Tell your boy good luck with everything man.