threads
Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  Why i don't think dragging frame is good....

Why i don't think dragging frame is good....

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 909
replies 15
following 14

TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Edited: 12/1/2011 7:33:44 AM by TONY95CHEVY

" target="_blank" title="">
texas sledin   +1y
That's what happens when loading on a dovetail and poor load securement tie down point! Lmao!
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
how ofter was it dragged or was it ever check how the frame was anytime between drags?
Marcos_65   +1y
I seen that picture a long time ago, I don't think thats from dragging.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
i kinda thought that as well. more like a "hacked" back-half.......
maztang (ryan)   +1y
If you plate your frame and check it periodically, this won't happen. Dragging anything is unsafe but dragging frame is safer than trailer balls or bolted on drag blocks. You have to do routine checkups and maintenance on a bagged vehicle; you can't just bag it and drag it forever.
Azshowboat   +1y
I saw this at tex mex, took pictures of the frame. They strapped it down with a 2x4" under the frame rigth above the dove tail. Then it looks like they let the air out and strapped around the frame pulling it down. not a good way to start the weekend for sure.
stlowburban   +1y
We looked at it alot when it came through registration. The frame looked like he never drug it and the frame was only notched and that was all fine. It bent the stock frame right where the dovetail starts down. That was purely a loading error. Funny thing is that by the next day they had it almost back flat. It was off a little but not as much as you see on alot of crappy rear jobs.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I think that this thread should have been name "Why you shouldn't strap your truck down with half of it unsupported over the dovetail on a heavy equipment trailer with springs that are probably rated to hold a bulldozer thus transfering all the movement into the frame of the truck causing it to crack/bend making you look like a dumbass when you pull into the show with your new rear tilt chassis...."
maztang (ryan)   +1y
That's a long title Chris, but it fits hahahaha