Page 2 of 7
Full Size Truckin General \  Laying out a 2008+ Silverado

Laying out a 2008+ Silverado

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 8303
replies 61
following 28

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
To do the front end of these trucks right, on anything larger than a 22, you need to raise the upper control arms. If you dont, you will have wopped out camber at dropped height and lifted height, it will be shitty.

All of the kits, besides the choppin block kit, are made to work with STOCK spindles. choppin block produces their own spindle that the sell with their kits. its a really nice piece, but un necessary.

26s on the front of these trucks is no issue, probably even 28s. tubbing the firewall is a must, idk how much, i dont think there is a number value for tubbing the firewall. you just tub it till it fits.

The biggest thing about all of these kits, is driveability. You want that front end narrowed the right amount so that you can cruise the truck comfortably low, and not have to do a height check every time you want to make a lane chance.

Taylor
nautiquess   +1y
currently on 24s. but it was set up for 26s... I already ordered them as well. Rearend narrowing is almost a must especially with big rims and/or bodied. Mine has drop spindles, but cant wait to get rid of them when Jeremy does his thang. bumpsteer.. Right now I feel like drive hieth with the camber issue looks like a stock truck... hate it especially after my last truck drive hieght was lower than this one layed out (even though it lays frame... lol)
LAIDOUT98   +1y
I would definitely do a front a arm kit. Like chad said you will also want to narrow your rear end. I just had mine finished up at lowboy motorsports. It used to be actually todds old truck that was juiced on 24s but we went to bags on 26s which was alot more work to get it to lay out haha
Bentlay   +1y
Ryan, wasnt that truck just for sale on Craigslist? its deffinately badass.
LAIDOUT98   +1y
Thank you. Yes it was but I decided to keep it after I got the bed back on I started doing body work on it now then I plan on having my truck painted by chad at metal asylum
Bentlay   +1y
Deffinately badass. will you have it at Severed this weekend? How big are the wheels?
LAIDOUT98   +1y
Yeah I plan on going there. Im running 26s on a 305/30/26
bagged08   +1y
--------------------------------------------

nautiquess said:

currently on 24s. but it was set up for 26s... I already ordered them as well. Rearend narrowing is almost a must especially with big rims and/or bodied. Mine has drop spindles, but cant wait to get rid of them when Jeremy does his thang. bumpsteer.. Right now I feel like drive hieth with the camber issue looks like a stock truck... hate it especially after my last truck drive hieght was lower than this one layed out (even though it lays frame... lol)

--------------------------------------------

Yeah the truck you bought was one the first ever done. They did my truck and the front is tits. i had them section my frame and it lays a lot lower than a normal bagged 07+
nautiquess   +1y
Yeah, thats what the told me, I wasn't knockin Chopin Block one bit.. I understood it was a test dummy... Their new improved kit looks sick for sure. I got a smokin deal on the truck and it was a good start of a new project..... sure you wont recognize it when shes done... Plus Friend/clubmember has one... and Competition fuels creativity so bring on the new bodies!!!!!!