Page 1 of 7
Full Size Truckin General \  Laying out a 2008+ Silverado

Laying out a 2008+ Silverado

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 8285
replies 61
following 28

Bentlay   +1y
For the people that have bagged the new body style silverados, what all is required to lay the front end out on 24s/26s? I see Ekstensive Metal Works has a front end kit that raises the upper control arms, and replaces the lowers; however that kit is $1000. I'm sure its a great kit, and worth the money; but is there anyone out there who has done it without that kit? Thanks for all the help/pictures anyone can provide.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
If your looking to do one of these trucks on the cheep, your going to be hard pressed to find a lot of pics of people with that install. Most people who bag these trucks, drop some cash on a front end kit that lets the truck lay out, and tuck larger wheels, the stock stuff is very limiting on the 07+ chevy trucks.

Good luck!

Taylor
Bentlay   +1y
Not necissarly trying to do it 'cheap' i was just wondering if there was anyone that did it without their kit? I tried looking on your site, but didnt see anything, and i know you always say your website is behind, which is fine because you are banging out badass parts; im sure you get lots of emails asking about products, so i didnt want to bother you with another one.
3yrididit   +1y
you can bag them and lay them out with out moving the uppers, but you will have alot of camber issues..I have installed the Ekstensive kit...the hardest part is removing all the old mounts....I would not do one with out raising the uppers..also with the ekstensive kit it narrows the front end with to allow for alittle better turning..
post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
yea, i do make a complete kit for the 07+ chevy trucks, but if you didnt like the 1k price tag of the ekstensive kit, you wont like mine either, so i didnt even mention it.

My kit has raised uca mounts, upper jeebus joint arms, lower uni-ball arms, upper bag mounts, and steering adaptors. It works with stock spindles, and has minimal camber when layed out. anything with stock arms and stock mounts, will have outrageous camber.

here it is on my site:

http://michiganmetalworks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_65&product_id=96
Bentlay   +1y
To me Taylor, your kit seems reasonable because of the fact you include extra components. Does anyone have pictures of this kit installed, or know how much the firewall needs to be tubbed for a 24" or 26"? Personally i have never looked at the front suspension my self, but it seems like the front has a lot of room.
bagged08   +1y
Choppin Block
nautiquess   +1y
My new project was lated out by choppin block when and I guess was their guiney pig. They raised the front a little and made new uppers but the stocks are on bottom with bad camber, their new kit looks much better and uses their own spindles, I am sure it, Ekstensive's, or MMW's are great, but dont use any of the stock stuff, its a waste. Look for mine in tech build-ups in Truckin'... not going to let any secrets out but I hear that Tre5 might have his hands in my build....... dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn.
bigblueon22s   +1y
I ran the ekmw kit. It comes with uppers, lowers and a new plate in which the uppers are moved up and the upper shock mount is there as well. the kit allows you to run a stock spindle. The 1000.00 bucks is completely worth it and if your slick enough you can catch that kit on sale for around 800 bucks. Its all about timing.
Bentlay   +1y
Thanks for the input Chad. Some kits raise the upper arms and new upper and lower arms. Think the spindles would still need to be replaced with all new arms? Without divulging secrets, how big of wheels are you running, and was it a pain?