Page 1 of 2
Toyota Trucks \  Not laying on an 18?

Not laying on an 18?

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 992
replies 12
following 8

Tacon19s   +1y
I have flipped upper and lower balljoints with pie cut uppers as well and my 97 Tacoma isnt laying on a 225-40-18. The brackets are still setup for a 35 series 20" tire so I know the bags arent fully colapsed yet. I also went from Bio 2" spindles to flipping the ball joints which also equals about 2"...it should be laying by now.

Is it possible the upper ball joint is still binding? I would love some cando uppers....anyone got any for sale?
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Sounds like to menu have a binding issue... I would take the tire off and bag out and travel your suspension up with a jack... If your bag mount space is more than 2.75-3 inches (compressed bag height) then I would think one of the ball joints is limiting travel... If it goes less than 2.75 then your bag brackets need to be moved.. Good luck and hope this helps
Tacon19s   +1y
Thanks man.

I know its not the brackets. So, I guess my question is...WHY am I still having ball joints binding? I have flipped them both AND pie-cut the upper a goooood bit. Its retarded. I am lacking about 3/4" under the cradle.
DisseveredCustoms   +1y
Are they factory ball joints... Reason I ask is some companies make a better ball joint that has more articulation built into them... My ball joints are the same wAy on my yota... They bind way before laying out and I have custom control arms.. Also check tie rod clearance you may be binding the tierods on the frame... I have seen a ton of posts about this issue and most mods are spindle spacers or raised upper ca mounts to fix the problem... Toyota geometry not to great passed a 18-20
StockfloorYota   +1y
can you post up some pictures for everyone to look at? it's hard to diagnose without seeing.
Tacon19s   +1y
Nope. I do not have a camera of any kind at the moment. The suspension was setup for a 26" total wheel and tire which equates to a 225-35-20 tire. It layed hard on the 20s with 2" Bio spindles. I got the 18s, then sold the spindles and got stock ones and flipped the upper and lower ball joints(which came to a 2"drop) and then I pie cut the upper arm. It layed just barely with a 215-35-18 but now that I have 225-40s on the 18s its lacking like I said about 3/4" of an inch. BITD I ran a 19" with flipped ball joints and AIM uppers and it layed wonderfully. IDK.
YotaOn24s   +1y
have a set of can do arms for a toy 89-94 not sure if they will work but will let go for 400 with belltech drop spindles call if int 843-455-6624 noah
Jeremystephens   +1y
you sell just the arms Im interested but they wont help him
Tacon19s   +1y
Yeah those arms wont help me atall. Im positive its the upper ball joints. Anyone got any Tacoma Arms for sale??
StockfloorYota   +1y
Can you pie cut a little bit more on the ones you have now, somehow?