Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  need some ideas on paint

need some ideas on paint

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 550
replies 5
following 5

KRZYTRN02   +1y
well its time to start on another winter project again. truck is at the point some minor body work alot of block work and paint . seems pretty easy except i cant figure out a color or colors to go with on this big beast , it was black dont wanna go back to just straight black . the idea of two toning it or going flat but seems like everyone is going that route . its already a head turner now its time to put a badass paint job to it. cause im at the point either figure out a color or sell it and start from scrach again.... also wanna do away with the stock handles and find some that are flat with the body and have a good shape and flow with the body , dont wanna shavem its easier if my kids can open their own door so anyone got any ideas????
retro dime   +1y
If you want to get a rendering done I can do multiple color schemes for you. It would help make the decision easier ;)
hotwheels17   +1y
r u doin the paint ur self, if so, rendering is a good way to go, what r u a fan of, graphics, candies, pastels, metallics, flames, two tones, etc...
KRZYTRN02   +1y
yea im a painter , i think thats the down fall because im so picky on my own stuff . candies, flake, 2tones have all gone thru my mind . done the whole graphic thing on my dime im over them now . the idea thats kind of in my mind is a dark charcoal and a dark red candy stripe .
railkng   +1y
sounds like you know what you want alredy...get to it.....
white92   +1y
I've been thinking of doing a two tone scheme using a real pretty light mint green with a tiny bit of green pearl and a real rich looking chocolate brown. Brown on top and mint green on the bottom and divide the two with a 1/8 green pinstripe or some orange leafing. I don't know if this is your style or not, but I think it would look sweet! If it was black b4, this would really throw people for a loop the first time you bring it back out. I'm a painter as well,and like I said,this may not be your style, but I think it would give it a real nice rich classy look. I hope u decide not to sale and do something that no one else has done. Whatever u choose, I'm sure it will look killer. Painting those wheels the same brown that you use for the top color would look badass too! Good luck with your outcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1