Page 2 of 3
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Juiced Jetta

Juiced Jetta

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1545
replies 27
following 14

AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
Regardless of how you mounted the rear cylinders, I think it's great to see a juiced vehicle in a scene that is dominated by air ride. Hopefully it will influence others to consider hydraulics as an option. Install looks very clean!

-Aaron
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Zach, looks great! About the fluid consumption issues - cap the top port and run an elbow with a small hose/hose clamp so the oil picks up from against the block.

MK5s sure so swallow some wheel.
20runner   +1y
Yeah, I bet the plasma made it easier. I did a hole saw thru the top with one size and up thru the bottom with another.
But like Aaron says, "regardless" it looks great. Maybe Derek will juice his wagon so he can stop eating up tires.
tre5   +1y
To set the record straight... I wasn't saying it was done wrong. There is nothing wrong with the way you did it, just not my personal preference. I don't like the cylinders coming through the floor, but since they are right up against the wheel well, I'm sure they will hardly be noticeable. As far as the shock mounts being sheet metal... so is the unibody rail. Some areas have more layers. If it is the same rear suspension as the passat I am pulling the hydros out of right now, I can tell you that the shock mount is plenty strong. The car has been juiced since 2008 and the shock towers are perfectly fine. He is pulling the hydros to sell the car, not because he is unhappy, btw. I agree with Aaron... it sure is nice to see it on hydraulics!
HarryBalls   +1y
Yea i know what your saying, i more than less did it bc of the parts i had over anything.
im gonna see if i can re route that pick up this wknd.

Derek, you really do need to juice your wagon.....

Thanks for the comments guys
artsar   +1y
Just throwing it out there... I say post more pics!
BAGLESS   +1y
--------------------------------------------

artsar said:

Just throwing it out there... I say post more pics!

--------------------------------------------x2! Jetta looks clean!

ilovebeer   +1y
yo need to come juice my hooptey
HarryBalls   +1y
Couple daytime pics