Juiced Jetta

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1529
replies 27
following 14

HarryBalls   +1y
Edited: 11/16/2011 6:15:16 AM by HarryBalls

Edited: 11/16/2011 5:58:49 AM by HarryBalls

1/5, accumulators, 36 volt, 6"s and 10"s...... front consists of new strut bodies of milled down(inside and out) round stainless to fit inside the steering knuckle and accept the cylinder. The top use the factory strut bearing with an adapter i had to fab to mate the ram to the spinning part of the bearing. Thanks volkswagen.

The rear cylinders run through the unirails into the trunk pretty much the same way as rwd lowrider setups. The bottoms use powerballs mounted into the spring cups on the lower arms. I will post pics of the trunk later....i had some fluid consumption issues since i mounted the pump vertically.
artsar   +1y
Looks sick! I was waiting for someone to juice one of theses rather than bagging it. Good job!
tre5   +1y
car looks good laid out. Do you have any pics of the rear suspension? If it is like I think it is, you could have done it without the cylinders coming through the floor. I have never done one this year though... I could be wrong.
djleighk15   +1y
Sick car
AON-JAMES   +1y
Looks good asshole!
HarryBalls   +1y
Edited: 11/16/2011 3:04:41 PM by HarryBalls

--------------------------------------------

tre5 said:

car looks good laid out. Do you have any pics of the rear suspension? If it is like I think it is, you could have done it without the cylinders coming through the floor. I have never done one this year though... I could be wrong.

i suppose i could have put them where the shocks were, but it seemed a lil flimsy up top and would have had to buy heims and additional material. Running them through the floor was the most direct route and i already had them material/parts for it. They are almost right against the wheel well so they are completly out of they way, otherwise i would have put them outside. Ill put up pics.
HarryBalls   +1y

AON-JAMES said:

Looks good asshole!

Thanks assface!
20runner   +1y
I'd imagine you put the cylinder thru the frame rails because that is where the spring was originally and that's the spot on the car that was designed to hold the weight of the car, not a sheet metal shock mount. I did the same thing to the Black G35 that was juiced on 22's a long time ago. I was hesitant to put a cylinder in the shock location on a Magnum but it had been done so many times before I figured it would be ok and it's WAY more work to do it in the sprind spot. And you can get a lot of lift out of a smaller cylinder. Also, I think the G35 got too much camber and the wheels would have hit the cylinder if it was in the stock shock location.
Car looks great!!
HarryBalls   +1y
Thanks man....i thought it was gonna be a ton of work to get a hole through the unirail but it was actually a piece of cake with a plasma cutter lol, nice clean hole top and bottom. Took one night to do the whole rear setup. And i didnt even think of the wheel hitting if i put the cylinder outside. It cambered more than i thought it would.