Page 1 of 3
Body work and Paint \  A Chevy C-10 gets some realistic fire

A Chevy C-10 gets some realistic fire

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 1441
replies 24
following 19

seanb   +1y
I wanted to show the process of airbrushing realistic fire on a truck. There's many takes on this but this is just how I do it.

The customer is asking for a few more flames lower on the sides so I'll post the changes later.

dumpednshaved   +1y
Looks amazing. Glad to see that you decided to start posting up some build threads. Keep them updated and trust me you will get a ton of people following the process and your great work.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Ive never liked realistic fire, but this looks awesome!

Taylor
droppedmitsu   +1y
Never really been a fan of flames, but holy shite does that look awesome, damn nice work.
ahab   +1y
I like the fact that your realistic flames are longer and look more real. Alot of the other "Real" flame paint jobs look so short and dont really look like fire at all. It looks really good!
seanb   +1y
Thank you for the props. I'm not the best at this effect and feel like I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I wanted the flames long looking to make it look like the truck was hauling azz. Jason Miller's Ranger was the first time I had tried real fire on a truck but I wasn't using kandies so it didn't look right to me. Since then I've studies how Mike Levallee works and like his approach so you'll see his influences in my style of fire.
dragyours2001   +1y
wow!!!!
Evil s10   +1y
amazing. did you spray candy over that??
tre5   +1y
Looks great. You should check out Auto Art Studio for some references also. I know Charles posts up a bunch on the airbrushing forums as well.
BSGcustoms   +1y
I am also not crazy about flames but they came out really nice on this truck, I think this body style deals well with the flame treatment.