threads
Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  Supra 1JZ motor swap????

Supra 1JZ motor swap????

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 532
replies 5
following 4

CLNSHAVN   +1y
Hey has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone putting Supra(1JZ) motor in their Tacoma?? Just looking into it a little and wanted to see if anyone has done the swap.
burnzya   +1y
it's been done a lot. search youtube for 1jz/2jz turbo taco's
CLNSHAVN   +1y
Ya thanks man that was good shit. Does anyone what type of tranny their hooking up with this motor? Where there any mods needed to fit it, besides motor mounts?
burnzya   +1y
most people are using the r154 5 speed. i've heard a w58 can work but it's not nearly as strong.

i'm not positive on whats required to fit on a taco. i have a 2jz in my 86 toy project and it's a pain in the ass to fit it. i cut 2" into the firewall.

the site i used to visit had lots of swap info, but last time i tried to visit it my antivirus went crazy cuz the sites infected. also the owner of the site that did the wiring conversions flaked on a bunch of people. i'm pretty sure i was the last one to get a harness back from him. a good place to start looking for info is supra forums.
CLNSHAVN   +1y
ya the harness was one of the issues i was worried about.....So i take it from you comment that theres not one you can just buy and plug in, lol.....that sucks.
spider97   +1y
yes a very tight fit ive been thinking either that or a ls swap on my taco. you can use the getrag 6speed also you may need a custom driveshaft too if you go with the getrag.
Page 1 of 1