Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  bagged 89-94 with Auto Trans

bagged 89-94 with Auto Trans

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 707
replies 3
following 3

low mazda   +1y
Hey guys that are bagged. I have a question. I am re-doing my rear set up from the previous owner pretty much doing a hack job, and I have a question. My transmission pan looks as if it is below my framerails. Does the Z-notch and new trans crossmember fix this problem?
maz duh   +1y
Ya that will fix ya up. Z it up the 1 1/2 inches it needs and then subtract how much the pan hangs below the rail from 1 1/2 and drop your motor mounts down that much. After you are done doing that you will need to fab up a new trans x member that lifts the trans pan above the frame rails. I use 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 tube for my trans x member and re use the factory rubber mount for the transmission. You will also need to mod the center link for the steering when doing this so it doesn't hit the oil pan, there is a how to for this on the Twisted Minis website.

You can also section the small hump off the bottom of the oil pan for added ground clearance as well as plating the bottom of trans pan with some 1/8 to help protect it from harm. Hope this helps, hit me up if you have any more questions.
low mazda   +1y
I wish you weren't all the way in Canada. I'd let you do my oil pan for me. I can fab and weld pretty good, but I have problems welding on thin metal like the oil pan.
4drbdblazer   +1y
mail it to him if he's willing wouldn't cost much to mail.
Page 1 of 1