Page 12 of 14
Dually Projects \  Pic's of Ford Duallys

Pic's of Ford Duallys

Dually Projects
views 44868
replies 135
following 32

low95xlt   +1y
yea i agree bug wheels on duallys have to be a 10 lugger just looks beefier and bigger
droppedcrewcab   +1y
Those are my wheels that we made for Justin Veit - the owner of the truck. Justin has built countless cover truck huge 4x4's. His last one is an 18" lifted Ford in last months Street Trucks and also had a black/orange huge 4x4 on the cover of Truckin last month. He has a built a few lowered duallys with our wheels on it as well. This is his latest - its a 2003 model and he got the wheels the day before the show so it was last minute. They are direct bolt on 22s. As far as sticking outside the fender, unless you have the special offset 22" Alcoa wheel like Chase's, then yes, any 22" or 24" wheel - wether direct bolt on or adapter will stick outside the fender. Also - as far as sticking outside more on one side than the other, all trucks - for whatever reason - the rear end is shifted about 1/4" toward the passenger side. Most people correct that when they bag a truck. Anyway - Justin is doing the interior now and it's getting shot for a feature next month and it will be in our booth at SEMA next year - Brent
jcampbell1180   +1y
Wow, direct-bolt 22's. I was wondering when someone was going to do that. Kudos.

Looks good.

Go on and shake them haters off, Brent.
low95xlt   +1y
damn props brent nice wheels and good exposure make sure ot slap a DS sticker on there
droppedcrewcab   +1y
Direct bolt 22's? I was the first person to every do 22" dually wheel, and they were direct bolt on at that. I have been making direct bolt on 22" dually wheels since 2001. We introduced them at the 2001 SEMA show and have been making them by special order ever since. I just don't advertise them because they are more money than adapters and plain round hole Alcoas. They are the ONLY D.O.T. legal 22" dually wheel made. They comparable in price to a custom cut set of 22's with adapters, but most of the time still a little more. 24's to follow - Brent
hang time mazda   +1y
what kind of suspension set up does that truck have front and rear? i been researching everything for mine and want to do it once and do it right the first time. is the front just I beams or something else, is the rear still leafs or is it linked and how? and do you think there will be pics of the suspension in the feature?
dorkydually   +1y
i know it has aim i beams in the front with firestone 2800 bags. the rear he did not let me know cause i was concerned with the front
bill brasky   +1y
Well Silver

depends on what you call "right"

To me right would be put a chevy front stub on it, so you have the a-arms and can lay that bitch out.

But that is spendy and why I bought a chevy over a ford when I bought my dually.

But yes you will have to go DJM drop beams up front and depending on your fab skills you can cut them and angle them for more dronp and get it closer to the ground.

as for the back a basic 4 link with a panhard or a watts that you can get from speedway for around 75 bucks.
droppedcrewcab   +1y
IMO The right way would be to still keep the original suspension under it and not cut it up and try to add something. My Ford laid totally out on 22s and it still had the Ibeam suspension. We had to modify the hell out of everything under it, but I drove that truck daily over 100k miles as it was my only vehicle and never had an issue with it. Ibeams scare everyone because they are the "norm" - but if you know someone who knows about Ibeams then its just another day in the park. Mike Farmer at Insane Designs in Ennis, Texas built my entire truck and I drove it cross country without any issues. Brent
jcampbell1180   +1y
Remember Jody Hall?

He was an I-beam MASTER!!!