threads
Page 2 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  HOW DO I KNOW I NEED TO REPLACE BAGGS???

HOW DO I KNOW I NEED TO REPLACE BAGGS???

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1160
replies 15
following 8

BK2LIFE   +1y
"....BUT THE FRONT LOOK DRY ROTTEN"...

here is my 2pennies.. did the owner say how old the bags are? what does dry rotted look like? can you post pictures? lots of bags separate around the top cup, normal stuff.

they still lift, so i'd use them (without seeing any pics) but really to answer what you are asking, if you don't like the way they look, replace them for peace of mind.. bags are like 80 bucks each, don't be cheap there..

also i have RE7's in the front of my crew cab one ton body dropped dually, and they work great, lift high enough to do u-turns, and ride nice.. add shocks and the ride is like a stock caddy..
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Ok i found a set of Ss-8 for 180 with free shipping. They sound better than the Re-8 but there cheaper On the website. Would those be a good buy for the front?
Marcos_65   +1y
I don't know if they fixed the issue with the ss bags where they would leak from the bolt holes. If they did, sure you can go with those.

StocksAndPrimer   +1y
--------------------------------------------

TONY95CHEVY said:

Ok i found a set of Ss-8 for 180 with free shipping. They sound better than the Re-8 but there cheaper On the website. Would those be a good buy for the front?

--------------------------------------------

8's for the front are kinda pushing it...i have the ss7's in the front of mine and i had to trim a lot for them to fit...anymore trimming and i would be worried about structural integrity of the front frame...so to fit 8's..you would have to go apeshit with the trimming...my 7s lift plenty and ride good

my $.02

p.s. im assuming you have a 88-98 chevy...otherwise nevermind what i said lol

Marcos_65   +1y
I have re-8, and also the 8" bags are only 3/4" wider, all I had to do to fit them was trim a little bit off the inside of the frame, not much at all.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
So Re8 is gonna be best bang for my buck! Gotchya!