threads
Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  HOW DO I KNOW I NEED TO REPLACE BAGGS???

HOW DO I KNOW I NEED TO REPLACE BAGGS???

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1152
replies 15
following 8

TONY95CHEVY   +1y
NEW TO THE FORUM BUT GOT ME ANOTHER BAGGED TRUCK. I STARTED OFF WITH A S10 WITH ONLY F/B SETUP. IM NOT A MINI GUY. ALWAYS LOVED THE FULLSIZE MORE. SO MY TRUCK NOW IS A 95 CHEVY 1500 EXT CAB WITH A 4 LINK AND PAN HARD BAR. FRAME WORK LOOKS GOOD NOT A HACK JOB BUT STILL NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. MY Q: IS THE REAR BAGS HAVE BEEN REPLACED BUT THE FRONT LOOK DRY ROTTEN. IVE HAD ALL OF 150 PSI IN THEM TO SEE WHAT THEY WOULD DO BUT STILL GOING. IM NOT DRIVING THE TRUCK TILL ITS ALTHE WAY DONE SO DO YALL THINK I NEED TO REPLACE THEM AND IF SO WHATS THE BEST BAG FOR LIFT AND FIT WITHOUT MODIFICATION ON THE FRAME AND CUPS?
SIDETRK505   +1y
In my experience, once bags start the dryrott process its time to change them out. Just like tires, dryrotted rubber will eventually lead to a blown out...The bag/s may still hold air to get you from point "i just popped a bag" to "back to the garage", so keep them around as spares for the just in cases. Believe me you get what you pay for, dont get me wrong ill roll with a firestone bag anyday, but in my opinion conitechs and slams are much better and last longer. I hope this helps!
Tacon19s   +1y
What he said^^.

Slams 100%
Marcos_65   +1y
I am rolling Slam RE8's all the way around on my 94 C1500, thats what I would recommend.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Ok thanks for all the replies. I'll be changing them. on the re8 was there any problems with fit?
4DOORWHORE   +1y
i have the new SS7 on my 94 1500 and i just had to do the usual triming the ride great and get an inch more stroke than the RE7
jasondragthatshit   +1y
Iv ran slam bags that had the outer rubber fall off it doesnt hurt anything just got a different looking bag.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Would the dominator 2600s give good lift I'n the front with not much psi? I have 275/45/r20
Marcos_65   +1y
If you want to keep the psi low, go with an re8, I use about 15psi less compared to my re7's I had before.
StocksAndPrimer   +1y
+1 on the SS7's...i run those in the front, and the SS8's in the rear of my 95 chevy