Page 2 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  bouce"n blues

bouce"n blues

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1986
replies 16
following 9

KRZYTRN02   +1y
hmm that thing has eaten tie rods since i got it ive gone thru a hand full so far . so your saying the tie rod suppopse to be mounted the other way where it comes down from the top going down and the nut goes on from the bottom and the grease fitting would be on the top side ? (im sure that sounded confusing) thanks for the help ive done several s10s never had issues like this before.
KRZYTRN02   +1y
what the truck looks like layed out got tomuch of a pitch in the front wont lay flat
post photo
cookiemonster13   +1y
looks like you have some serious toe out, unless the wheels are not straight... and yes he is saying the tie rod should have a nut on the bottom and grease fitting on top. i do not know rams but it may hit the frame then and need a notch
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Yea, your main issues with this setup, besides the bag mounts are the tie rods.

If your lower ball joint, is in the stock mounting position, which is located pointing down through your spindle with the nut on the bottom side of the spindle, then your tie rod needs to stay in that stock configuration as well, with it pointing down through the spindle, with the nut on the bottom side of the mount.

When you flipped that tie rod over to the bottom side, you completely changed your steering angles and it appears to be in a very terrible position. That is absolutely why your have gone through so many tie rod ends on your truck.

Now, with that said. If you were to flip your lower control arm, like I do with a lot of my lower control arm kits, i will flip the lower ball joint to mount from the bottom side of the spindle, with the nut on the top side, then you can keep your tie rod how it is now, becuase it will put the lower arm back in line with your tie rod, and your bump steer issues will be much better.

Taylor
KRZYTRN02   +1y
well back to the chopping block tonight flip the tie rod back where they need to be . and the upper bag plate go ahead and scrap it ? or try redrilling it closer in to get some of the bind out of it???
cookiemonster13   +1y
might as well throw those mounts away. if you redrilled them you will be hitting your gussets with the bag.... by the time you got done modifying one side you could build new ones.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Yea, i would cut it off and place a new one on it. To be honest, you should re-work the lower mount as well. Make it so the bag is not so twisted and off center, it will help you locate that upper bag bracket easier.

Im pretty positive with those things fixed, you will be much happier with your setup.

Taylor