Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  bouce"n blues

bouce"n blues

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1967
replies 16
following 9

KRZYTRN02   +1y
so finally upgraded my upper contol arm mounts "thanks taylor the brackets made things simple" riding home from yhe shop every bump was like riding in a hopper setup . i stopped twice making sure nothing was loose or broken, dropped my pressure down a little more . was at 100 psi on a set of re8s dropped down to 75 made a little difference but still bouncing pretty bad . now i did not put my shocks back on since i ordered new ones on friday. dunno whatelse it could be . also notced my truck doesnt lay out like it did before, what to do now ??????
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Huh, not sure if your being sarcastic or not, with the quotations but i will give you my input on the front of those trucks.

if your riding around at 100 , something is wrong. My full donked out lift on my ram was 90psi, and i only ever put it up that high to clear trails when i was going back to unload my quad at the local atv park, I could clear my tires by an inch at 65psi.

I normally rode at 35psi or so, and it was a smooth, comfortable ride. I also had shocks. Another thing you may want to try is a larger bag up front, I used as RE8 and it helped a lot because there was more volume and takes far less psi to lift the truck. I was off the ground and crusing low at 15psi. There is no excuse for not having shocks on these trucks, there easy to install and improve your ride by a massive amount, they are worth it for sure.

Whats stopping your truck from laying out? its a pretty vague description that you gave, but whats holding it from laying out?

Taylor
KRZYTRN02   +1y
didnt mean anythings bad boss, im sittin on re8s and it bounces like crazy im gonna send it off for an alinement today . as for laying out i dont see anything binding or stopping me from going any lower but i got about an inch or so of day light under the frame from the wheels back to the trans xmember and thats not even hitting the ground anymore. ill get the alinement done and go from there.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
oooo, when you said it was riding like a hopper setup, i took that as it was riding stiff and you could feel every bump, but in this second post you said that it was bouncing around, that is definentally due to the lack of shocks up front. the stiffness would seem like its from riding around with too much air pressure up front, and it being stiff.

idk, there kinda contradicting statments, so im not sure what you mean i suppose, but the best thing you could do is grab a quick alignment and put shocks up front. Make sure that when your layed out, the bag is fully compressed, so that as soon as it sees 5-10 psi, it starts to lift and there is no wasted bag.

Im not sure why it would not lay out, did the place that installed the stuff make sure it layed out still before they sent it back to ya? it nothing is binding, are the bag mounts holding you up? something seems very odd about your setup to be having the problems you are having.

maybee a few pics would help?

Taylor
KRZYTRN02   +1y
not the best of pictures but the upper bag bracket needs to be redone. a shop called area 51 in fredericksburg va did the bag set up before i bought it had problems ever since . had to redo the rear last winter and the front drivers side bag bracket ripped away from the frame coming back from north carolina a month after i bought it.
KRZYTRN02   +1y
Edited: 7/19/2011 10:00:53 AM by KRZYTRN02

still2high   +1y
Looks like the bag is mounted too far away from the frame I think moving it in closer to the pivot poit would give u more lift using less air pressure.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
yea, you got a lot of issues there to work with...

the upper bag mount is way too far from the frame, and its totally not in line with your lower bag mount that is why your bag is so twisted, and it takes so much psi to lift,

It probably rides badly because how the tie rod is setup currently. being that you have stock lower ball joints right now, in the stock configuration, the tie rod should be in the stock location as well on the top of the spindle. When you flipped that tie rod to the bottom side, you took it out of line with the lower control arms, and created some serious bumpsteer, these trucks are bad for that as well, and that only makes it much much worse.