Page 2 of 6
Nissan Trucks \  Ven's Project Pathfinder

Ven's Project Pathfinder

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 8147
replies 55
following 28

ven   +1y
Built the rear X-member / Drive shaft hoop this weekend and started to tack in my lower link bars. Not much of an update I know but its all I got...lol
post photo
mike86mazda   +1y
awesome work ven gonna be badass!
LoWpSi   +1y
comin along nicely ven!!! cant wait to see this thing when its all done! keep up the good work
riddinlow99   +1y
looking good
ven   +1y
Thanks all,

Hereare a few pics of last weekends progress, got my 4 link all setup. Pretty basic setup so it wont interfere with the back seat much (hopefully...lol) I think its just gonna be a BOA setup in the rear to keep it simple and minimal amount of interference with the floor.
post photo
post photo
ven   +1y
Finally got some new Rubber for my wheels. Falken 245/35/20

Here is a pic with the tires on the wheels and the frame. I had to trim a bit more on the LCA to make it fully lay, but other than that not a big deal. On a side note on the way back from getting the tires mounted the pathfinder radiator split causing it to overheat which may have possibly blew a head gasket :( But Im not gonna let that spoil the fun. Originally I wasnt gonna start to pull the body til after the holidays...BUT...now I may as well jump into it full throttle.

Modified the stock body mounts. I trimmed the front ones down from the bottom and added a piece of angle to the back side to rest on top of the frame rail. This is where I plan to route most of lines on top of the frame between it and the body. I marked their location and welded the rod to the frame table for positioning and dropped them exactly 3" from their stock location. They are just tacked in for now until I set the body just in case adjustments are neccesary.

The mid-mounts were done similiar I trimmed the bottom of the mounts allowing them to go down the 3". I havent done any of the rear mounts as of yet, because I want to wait to set the body for those. But I figure with the forward (6) including the front ones at the core support I can pretty much get the body square on the frame then tackle the rears.

Also, Ive cut the frame loose from the table and flipped it over so I can finish welding up the under side.

Figured I would go ahead and metal finish all the welds under neath that would be in contact with the ground. I don't want anything to keep it from laying flat.

So after quite a bit of welding yesterday, the underside is fully welded and I can flip it back over and reassemble and begin to work on the drivetrain.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
DRAGULA-666   +1y
kick ass Ven!!!
ven   +1y
Thanks Fester. Hoping to get this thing back on the road here shortly!
Scoobysmak   +1y
Looking good man, I might have to step up my game.
Scoobysmak   +1y
Edited: 12/19/2011 1:38:18 PM by Scoobysmak

uugghh double post... my bad