Nissan Trucks \  Ven's Project Pathfinder

Ven's Project Pathfinder

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 8066
replies 55
following 28

ven   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2011 12:51:37 PM by ven

Well figured Id start a thread on here of my newest project. After my old Hard body was totaled I decided to build something that my family could fit in. So I figured why not start with something I could use ALOT of my old parts on to keep it relatively inexpensive. Sooo I bought a 4 door 94 Pathfinder to start with. I used my old front clip and cut all the old stuff off and re bagged it and re-did it with Yota Hubs and rotors and Yota rear-end to make it 5 lug. I am stock flooring it form the firewall back. Anyhow on to some pics....

Day I bought it (Sept 2010)

Using my old HB clip that I bagged 8-9 years ago, even tho it was strong and worked it was time for a redo. First thing was I wanted to redo the core support "Z"

Cut all the old suspension components out and redid it all to lay 20"s on stock arms. That are flipped and plated

Converted it to 5 lug using machined Yota rotors to accomodate NIssan spindles.

Triangulated the Lower control arms with the kit from Unusual Fabrication also got the upper and lower bag mounts from Chris too (BTW nice quality stuff)

Here is how they mount, they need to be inline with the LCA axis point, so I made a small jig to do it.

Picked up some Slam SS6's from my boy Rigo at Hornblasters

Picked up some 20x 8.5 Boyds here's when I got them...Heres after some polishing...

And the money shot, layin 20"s with invisible tires...lol on mostly stock components! It gets about 12" of lift which should be plenty good to untuck the Boyds.

Got the frame splice pretty much taken care of. Still gotta add some fishplates tho. But, I basically split the stock frame rails slid the 2x3 in about 9" fully welded it inside then tappered it down for the transition and fully welded it outside , then ground it all nice and smooth.

Im starting to build the frame rails now, I got the yota rearend tacked in place and the body mounts and x-members set and marked. Stay tuned cause there is plenty to come!!!
nvrloenuf   +1y
Dang Ven.. This is gonna be a nice project.. Love your work.. Have fun man!!
acromexicant   +1y
looking good bro!
ven   +1y
Thanks Graham and Eric!

Sooo... This weekend worked on the frame rails and the notch over the axle. Begining of the notches..WeldedWeld closeup..Up and over the axle.Starting to look like a frame!

Still lots to do, x-members, body mounts, fish plates, gussets and the list goes on and on!!
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
///RELAXED 720   +1y
nice Ven..... now slow the hell down ur makin my 8 yr project look bad LOL .......
smctoy   +1y
looks awesome!
shavedmax   +1y
lookin goof ven!
ven   +1y
This weekend got the frame rails, notch and rear section all welded in place. Also built the main x-member and carrier bearing x-member with notches for dual exhaust to run thru. Put the wheels on for sh%ts and giggles and to make sure everything is clearing well. And my kids did an awesome job cleaning and sweeping up the shop too! Birds Eye viewMmmm...camber!Carrier bearing and center support X-members
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
dragnlow   +1y
Lookin real good!
bigjon   +1y
I like the plated uppers look it real clean