Page 1 of 1
Toyota Trucks \  4runner swap questions

4runner swap questions

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 467
replies 7
following 5

draggin91   +1y
I have a reg cab short bed that I'm wanting to swap over to a 4dr 4runner body. I kno a few of the mounts will bolt right on and I'll have to fab some on the rear. But Im more concerned about how I'd register it. Cause I'd ditch the v6 for my 4cyl thts already in the pickup. Anyone have any info I've searched but can't find much on registering it after
spicy   +1y
what year truck and 4runner?
draggin91   +1y
It's a 94 truck an I'm lookin at 92-95 4runners. Would it be better if it was a 94 runner?
spicy   +1y
the title has to stay with the cab so id say it would have to be registered as the 4 runner legally
draggin91   +1y
I plan on selling the cab an title to a buddy. Since I plan on keepin the 4cyl an most runners are v6 would I have to get it ref'd or anything?
droppedmitsu   +1y
Well Toyo pickups came with the option of the v6 right? so I dont know if you have to go to the ref for sure or not. You only have to go to the ref if you swap in an engine that never originally came in the truck I'm pretty sure so you would be fine. But I would call the CA state B.A.R.(bureau auto repair)
bman619   +1y
you may want to stick with the v6 as the Runner is a heavier truck, unless you have some crazy ass built 22re.....but any how keep as much of the 4runner as you can dash,VIN number,etc. Grind off the Numbers on the frame and call it a day.
post photo
draggin91   +1y
only reason i wanted to keep my 4cyl is because it only has 85000 miles on it. and everything ive heard about the toyota v6 is crap and i know the 22re pretty well. what about smoggin it? i talked to a guy that built one and he said his came with a v6 but he swapped for the 22re and didnt saything to anyone an it passed because the v6 has higher requirements than the 4cyl and the 4cyl was putting out less than what was required an passe every time
Page 1 of 1