Page 7 of 10
Dually Projects \  DragNasty pics....

DragNasty pics....

Dually Projects
views 18753
replies 92
following 16

howardflatty   +1y
kinda looking for a primer cause its cheap easy to touch up. just for a baja that is really beat
lester622   +1y
i think thats like a 100 bucks for a gallon, i know they makin colored primers now so when u paint a car itll cover easy but its not cheap a friend of mine spent 250 on a gallon of red primer and that was the cheap shit .....
howardflatty   +1y
i heard you could mix a little color with white but i would think that would make it pale like mix red get pink or mix blue get sky blue maybe someone with some paint body experience may know
lester622   +1y
the paint store tints it and it comes out red are watever color u want, i know down here u just tell them u want tinted primer in watever color and they make it for u ............ but u gotta go to a piant supply store that sells automotive paint
maz89   +1y
You can get a "tintable primer" like lester is talking about, you just mix a pint of enamel of the color you want to a gallon of tintable primer....... the overall shade of color may vary a few shades depending on the color enamel you pic......
dragnasty   +1y
I personally use singlestage paint with flattening agent added to kill the shine. Primer doesnt hold up to weather and whatnot.
lockone   +1y
^ksssh...10-4...ksssh
howardflatty   +1y
thanks for the info sorry for thread jacking
howardflatty   +1y
ok just got off the phone with the local paint shop they said that the tintable primers are non compliant with california state regulations and i cant get it here looks like ill have to drive to az for the stuff
dragnasty   +1y
I'd be dissapointed if this thread didnt get hijacked at least once....