threads
Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  candy and back half Q?!

candy and back half Q?!

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 670
replies 9
following 6

98FRMED150   +1y
Getting all my junk for my back half...just wondering if a quart of simple candy will cover the back half of my truck? its 2x3 stock from back of cab back...nothing fancy by any means...just a simple base...candy and clear.
nissandoordragger   +1y
yes a qt will be plnty for a back half buuuuuuttt being its already hard enough to paint a back half and get it completly coverd (and im asuuming your using house of kolor) you may look into the kandy base coats instead alot easier to put on and they match the true kandys very very well and this will keep you from haveing dark and light streaks all over you back half
98FRMED150   +1y
so the kandy base coat should go over poly primer pretty good? and clear over it...not worried about it being over the top...wont see most of it anyways...new to the paint thing.
nissandoordragger   +1y
i would prime it let it dry sand it with 400 seal it then kandy base (depending on the shade you want you may need to lay down a base color before the kandy base) then clear and be done
98FRMED150   +1y
cool...im goin with typical candy red...my truck is white...doing deep red int. thanks!
BK2LIFE   +1y
some cadillacs have reds that look close to candy reds. they cover well..
seanb   +1y
I'm thinking a quart will not be enough to spray all sides of the back half properly. You tend to lose a lot of material when spraying rails and multi-sided objects. Just my opinion. I do like the idea of going with a kandy-basecoat though.
98FRMED150   +1y
ya im not trying to front using the base and acting like its real candy when its not...dont care what people will say...just dont want to dump mounds of money into all that is needed for real candy. as long as it looks good..all i care about :D
sik_kreations   +1y
actually using a silver base.. some intercoat and buying a can of concentrate is cheaper then using 2 quarts of a hok kbc.. even if u did it in hok.. i did a whole back half hok candy organic green over silver. 3 coats of base and 3 coats of intercoat clear with kk organic green mixed..
98FRMED150   +1y
sounds good...so whats about 3-4 coats? about two quarts?
Page 1 of 1