Page 1 of 1
Body work and Paint \  Swinging Tail Gate

Swinging Tail Gate

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 818
replies 5
following 4

Syk96Rngr   +1y
Anyone know how to do the tailgate on a 96 ford ranger. Im looking for tips on what type of hinges I would need to use for this and how it would mount.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
i used some old jeep hinges on my 02' s10. they were on alot of junkyard rides, very beefy and worked for years w/ no sagging. lookin for pics now
Syk96Rngr   +1y
ok cool pics would be awesome.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
well, for the life of me i cant find clear pics of my old set-up. checked all 3 of my photobuckets and the 3 flash drives i have. these are the same exact hinges i used tho. will keep looking for pics for ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FSJ-J-10-J-20-Cherokee-Wagoneer-Chief-DOOR-HINGES-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aJeepQQhashZitem2563c7fa0eQQitemZ160587840014QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Syk96Rngr   +1y
Ok thats cool man. Im going to look in to these latches and see about how to hook em up. If you happen to stumble across them please post em up though.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
Edited: 5/16/2011 11:15:16 AM by Slappy Mc Nasty

Edited: 5/16/2011 11:14:59 AM by Slappy Mc Nasty

i have to apologize man, i have been looking everywhere i can think of and cannot find clear pics of the hinges anywhere. i have posted them up on many forums but cant seem to hunt them down. the pic below is the closest i could find. think of the pic as the gate closed. the side mounts would be where the tail lights bolt in and the flat pewter colored squares would represent the tailgate itself (inset by the red lines i added). i did have to shave my tail lights to allow the hinges to "self-intrude" into the body while closed. hope it sorta helps you in your efforts, if it doesnt, i apologize.

post photo
Page 1 of 1