Body work and Paint \  Painter /Stripper

Painter /Stripper

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 922
replies 7
following 4

truck action   +1y
Edited: 4/7/2011 10:30:08 AM by truck action

Looking for some one in the Solano area who can help me get ghost flames on my truck when I finish painting it. Hope to be shooting it next week if the weather permits.e-mail me @ gkellison@sbcglobal.net
BK2LIFE   +1y
your finishing the paint then adding ghost flames, or your laying the base, and then wanting someone to come to you, lay out the flames, and spray them, or what are you looking for exactly?

truck action   +1y
Edited: 4/7/2011 10:49:21 AM by truck action

Yes,plan on shooting the base ( two tone as was ) & one coat of clear then do lay out & flames.I got some intermittent clear also,but not sure about it?Will need to rehang the doors for the lay out work?Then will clear coat all @ least twice more.Don't want to leave the base open for long period.
BK2LIFE   +1y
base it, then intercoat clear it. yes you will have to hang all the panels back on and align them. or else your flames wont line up..

lay out the flames, spray the pearl or whatver your using, then pull all the masking. and clear. you can pull your doors and fneders off to get clear in all the right spots..

truck action   +1y
Edited: 4/7/2011 7:38:53 PM by truck action

I shot some test panels today to practice the taping,ect.Don't like the inter coat product. Came out better using the regular clear coat, added the pearl to the inter clear,than recleared with the regular. Using Also the white pearl looked best. I got a red ghost pearl,but to close to the radiant met red base!I'm no painter by any means,have done it a bit, but would claim to know what I'm doing !Repainting my truck do to the door work I did last year. And wanted to get the low spots fixed!The clear is Omni SV MC262, the inter is Shimrin USG100, my bases are Omni MBX 3.5Any advise or help I can get is greatly received.
truck action   +1y
Nobody in the Bay Area!!
With all the custom work that comes out of the area & painters,stripers,airbush people & so on,no one can reply!?
BK2LIFE   +1y
well id swing by and help ya out, but our shop is in phx. www.ifitsgotwheels.com

sik_kreations   +1y
im in socal and can do it.. or i know someone in napa that could probably do it...

also the usg100 is not really an intercoat clear... its more of a speedclear to lock down base for pintsriping and what not.. and not the best carrier for pearls imo.

u need sg100 or sg150 for your pearl.. spraying pearl in regular clear is a pain i the ass and waste of material.. u dont want that. its harder to control the pearl and easier to run. plus u have to put enuff clear on to not burn through colorsanding and buffing.
Page 1 of 1