threads
Page 1 of 2
Toyota Trucks \  What alternator did Sadistic Iron Works install in their 95 Toyota?

What alternator did Sadistic Iron Works install in their 95 Toyota?

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1596
replies 12
following 9

n2bnlow   +1y

I really need to upgrade my alternator in my 94 Toy, and have read through the tech article MiniTruckin and Sadistic did on the alternator that was installed in their 95 Toyota. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a part number of the alternator they used. It doesn't say in the mag, and I really don't want to waste my time getting the wrong one. If anyone could find the time to help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your time.

-Marley
Petey   +1y
Hey Marley check this out, i know a couple guys that have used it and said it was the shit. im getting one for my yota... hopefully this helps http://www.trail-gear.com/gm-to-toyota-alternator-bracket

:SUNSET:
maz duh   +1y
LC Engineering offers a conversion bracket to mount up a GM alternator to the 22R. The larger case on the GM unit allows for more windings and therefore a higher output
n2bnlow   +1y
Thanks for the HELP guys!

Marley
:XL:
1lonisn   +1y
I wanted to do a GM alternator on my truck, but my motor is lowered quite a bit and the factory alternator is close to the frame. Marley i dont know how your truck is set up, but its something you might want to look out for.
n2bnlow   +1y
Good call, and thanks!
dkadventures   +1y
Why do you even need an alternator, you aint gonna drive that bitch anyway.
n2bnlow   +1y
Maybe I'll just leave it at Joel's, and he can drive it for me.

dkadventures   +1y
--------------------------------------------

N2BNLOW said:

Maybe I'll just leave it at Joel's, and he can drive it for me.

--------------------------------------------

Its funny cause I'm in a different state than my truck and we have both driven our trucks the same amount.
n2bnlow   +1y
You're in a different state. How would you know what I be doin?