threads
Page 2 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  POST PICS 88-98 FULLSIZE CHEVY /GMC SFBD Chassis only (single cab, excab, crew cab)

POST PICS 88-98 FULLSIZE CHEVY /GMC SFBD Chassis only (single cab, excab, crew cab)

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 8535
replies 15
following 11

4DOORWHORE   +1y
TRE5 do u have any pics how u ran the fuel lines and wiring past the crossmembers
i wana BD mine to the doors i was guna use 2x3 1/4thick tube and 3/16 plate and i have a 94 4dr s/b 1500 5lug chevy
(ANYONE HAVE PICS OF 4DR or EXCAB BODYDROPS)
tre5   +1y
I ran rubber fuel lines and used insulated hose clamps to secure them. No pictures, really just a no brainer. The crossmembers are not as tall as the frame, so I ran the lines over the top of them.
Why would you use 2X3? 2X4 fits just fine. I would run 2X4 .188 (3/16)... if it's available when you go to buy it, lol. There really isn't much of a rocker on these trucks, so you could just lower the body mounts on the frame the extra 1/2" or so to lay door. You may have to clearance the body a tad on the underside in some areas, but I would not run 2X3.
93fullsize   +1y
Hey Jeremy, I was thinkin about doing the 2x4 inserted into the stock frame and then cutting off the extra. I know on the blazer you went high and cut off the bottom and z'd the frame but whats wrong with going low and cutting the top of the frame?
xgolferdude   +1y
Nothing... The reason some folks cut the bottom and z the front is so they dont have to pull the cab.. and u regain ur stock bed mounts as well... Also by doing the z and cutting off the bottom u get the truck to lay flat because the obs Chevy needs 3/4 of an inch extra to lay flat.. its been done both ways and both have their pros and cons.. hope that help and good luck!
tre5   +1y
Yeah, on the tahoe, I did it that way because I didn't want to have to take the body off. On the truck posted above I took the cab off and built the frame with the front cross member flat on the ground. Either way works just fine.
selfbuiltrods   +1y
Edited: 6/20/2012 1:43:59 PM by SelfBuiltRods

This a crew cab swb that were building full tilt. Its going to half of the rocker. Almost to the door one could say.

It's 3x3x3/16. All the body mounts, and fish plates are getting cut out of 11 gauge, and all the suspension pick up points are cut from 1/4.
post photo
post photo
post photo