threads
Page 1 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  POST PICS 88-98 FULLSIZE CHEVY /GMC SFBD Chassis only (single cab, excab, crew cab)

POST PICS 88-98 FULLSIZE CHEVY /GMC SFBD Chassis only (single cab, excab, crew cab)

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 8513
replies 15
following 11

4DOORWHORE   +1y
Looking for some pics to get different ideas on a sfbd 88-98 fullsize chassis. and what did you use 2x2,2x3,2x4? how thick? did you set up to lay rocker or door? what plate did you use to box it in? also what else did you use

thanx
RyAAn   +1y
Someone.....anyone??? These are like the s-10 of fullsize and no one has a pic or some input!!! I would like to know the answers to these questions also!!!! Please help...
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
2 x 4 x .188 or .250 is a safe bet for these trucks. Wouldnt run anything less than 4" tall on a fullsize.

I did dual rail 2x4x.188 under the cab on the crew cab dually. The backhalf is lasered 1/4" sides with 3/16 top and bottom. Its 2.5 x 4 1/4

Working on a RCSB now that will be 2x4x.188 single rail.
post photo
tre5   +1y

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
renny   +1y
nice work....i like that TRE5 black 2 door blazer STREET TRUCKS cover truck.
4DOORWHORE   +1y
tre5 what did u use for the frame 2x3 2x4 and what thickness also what thickness plating did u use
kingpin7714   +1y
That's the ext fullsize he just did. The Tahoe is done here:

http://www.streetsource.com/forum/110644_3_Buildups-2-door-tahoe-build-hydroholics-style.html

He says "Both new 2x4 .250 wall frame rails are installed. The rocker is now roughly 1/2" below the new rails."
tre5   +1y
I used 2X4 .250.... only because both times I went to purchase the metal they were out of .188. Using .250 is OVERKILL for sure! They sold me the .250 for the same price as the .188 so I went ahead and ran with it.

I also did the frames very different on those 2 trucks. The blazer's new frame is actually set into the factory frame and the bottom is cut off, then the front clip was Z'd up 3"... 2.25" for the body drop and .75" for the amount that the clip hangs lower than the factory frame. The extended cab I did has a new frame from the firewall back.

One thing I would recommend that I didn't do to either truck is to move the cab back 1". It would be as easy as moving the body mounts back when doing the new frame. This will center up the wheel in the wheel well up front. Of course you will need to adjust the wheel base and bed mounts out back to center the wheel in the bed wheel well opening.
lowrthnu92   +1y
couldnt you leave the bed alone to make cab-bed gap smaller ?
tre5   +1y
you could, but I am not sure what the bed gap is. Also, you may want to change the body mounts to something stiffer if you are going to put the bed and cab that close.