Page 1 of 2
Toyota Trucks \  Changing from a bow type headliner to a hard type

Changing from a bow type headliner to a hard type

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1415
replies 10
following 5

truck action   +1y
So I've been wanting to do this for some time .So this is the time!
truck action   +1y
Got the old removed & the area cleaned
post photo
truck action   +1y
Sound deaden-er in place
post photo
truck action   +1y
Today got patterned,cut & in place
post photo
truck action   +1y
All is going great,next test fit the glass gaskets & all that goes back. Won't upholster until back in paint as the fabric as to wrap the cab lips.:BEERCHUG:
post photo
Rusty Shackleford   +1y
Looks good :TUP: :TUP:
jonathanmoya   +1y
nice i need to do mine how are you going to get it stuck i dnt hav sun visors of a light inside my cab
truck action   +1y
Edited: 2/21/2011 10:15:22 AM by truck action

The hard material is wall panel,about 3/16'' to 1/8''.It is in place,using wide head #8/3/4'' & 1'' screws, starting @ the front ,then center rear,& moving to the sides. I trimmed as I went with a air grinder fitted with a zip cutter.You have to get it pushed tight,a slight curve @ the sides. I have a piece of hard form 1/2'' thick down the center,about 2' wide.The shell ( I call it),will be covered with a high density 1/4 form,contact cemented to it. Then I'll spray both the form & fabric with the same, using a cheap Harbor Freight small gun. The fabric won' go on until the painting is done,as have to wrap the fabric around the cab lips.This will much better than the stock bow type! I hated that ! :BEERCHUG:
nc dragger   +1y
looks good gary..........went you get that done i will send you mine to do.

:XL:
truck action   +1y
Got it doneNow getting the interior all back in ,& finish the polishing .When all back together will pull the dash for repainting!
post photo