views 3447
replies 16
following 10

Reece   +1y
sick
unusualfabrication   +1y
Good to see you back on it!
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Last week I finished welding in the front clip and ran a second set of frame rails, finished the bodymounts and set the truck on the ground! I still have to fish plate all the joints on the frame especially the front clip, but I will do that at the same time when I pull the cab off to finish welding the whole frame. After that its off to get sandblasted and powdercoated.

Also I plan on bodydropping it more once I set the engine in place, and see how much clearance is left under the stock hood then I will traditional bd it from there...

Tomorrow Im going to start on the rear framerails if everything goes as planned...

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
airrideluvtruck   +1y
So I wanted to keep my focus on the front end of the truck and work my way back. But after waiting for over a month for my control arms I had to start on the rear and get something done. I dont have the luxury of just pushing this in a corner, and I really want to get this damn thing back on the road!

So since Im still unsure when my parts will show up for the front, Ill finish up the backhalf of the frame till then...

Here's what Ive done so far in the past few weeksThe lower link bars will not be single shear! just mocked up.

Also had some time to clean this filthy ass engine, it has a bad front seal and the PO just kept adding oil which created all the buildup of gunk.

I did a compression test and the numbers are in the 155-160 range so Ill run it for now...

Started with this

to this

Still need to mount the motor then pull the cab and finish welding the frame and adding some gussets in place.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
airrideluvtruck   +1y
ts been awhile since I last updated this thread, but progress has not stopped at all on the truck.

I got the engine in place, started on the backhalf of the frame and made a wishbone 3 link. I hung the front sheet metal and still had 3" of room under the hood.

So I figured that since Im this deep into the project why not traditonal BD 2" more!

Here's a bunch of photos from the past few months...

extra 2"

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 1/12/2013 4:23:04 AM by AirRideLuvtruck

Also cut the rockers down 2" and plated them with 1/8" steel.

FRAME

BACK TOGETHER ONE LAST TIME BEFORE PAINT
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
tacomatoy2001   +1y
Trucks looking great Dan!